Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall is in the Air

I woke up to a beautiful day today!  A taste of fall was in the air.  It was wonderful to open all the windows and let the fresh air blow through.  I know summer will be back in a couple of days, but today was a welcome change.

I felt like making a card today but had trouble thinking of a design.  I seem to do the same thing a lot.  Recently, I picked up a copy of PaperCrafts' "Card Ideas for Paper Crafters" and found a sketch by Windy Robinson that I thought I would try.  Here's what I came up with.

I used K&Co Julianne papers here.  I used a Martha Stewart punch on the floral paper to create the border.  Also used were Zva pearls, Inkadinkado clear stamp, a Recollections blank card, Glue Dots adhesives, lace, blue organza bow, twine and a flower.  TFL

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, how beautiful, Patty! Such a feminine and elegant design. Love that pretty paper and the blue tones and love the pearls in the corners. The framework is so pretty, too. Love how you did the sentiment.
    We had a big cool down in our weather here yesterday.......and now it's raining cats and dogs. So disappointing because Nik was supposed to compete in a street fair chalk festival today. Can't exactly chalk in the pouring rain. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Patty, lovely colours. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always came up with gorgeous card, Pat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful....love that ablue! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowww this is sooo beautiful!!!
    Love your colours - so pretty!

    ♥ Inger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty I don't think that was difficult for you at all... it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete