Sunday, July 29, 2012

At a Loss for a Title

I don't know about you, but I do not find it easy to come up with titles for my blog posts.  I admire the catchy ones other bloggers always manage to come up with.  I wish I had that knack!  If you have any hints to share, please let me know.

Can you believe July is almost over?  I managed to spend some time yesterday organizing my scrap supplies.  I think I've mentioned before that I do not have a dedicated scraproom, so I have to store my supplies in the basement.  I do have several scrap carts, but other things are in boxes.  Makes it hard sometimes to remember where certain things are but I'm trying to develop a more organized system.  I do my crafting at our dining table, so many trips are made up and down the stairs bringing what I need to the table.  At least, it's a way for me to get some exercise, too!  lol

Since it's summer, I decided to make a card with summery colors.  This is what I came up with:


The card base is premade from DCWV.  The pretty pattern papers are from Prima's Madeline line.  I matted a Martha Stewart tag onto some blue paper and placed a Recollections butterfly in the center.  I then folded two Prima flowers in half and attached them to the sides of the tag.  Some lime green pom-pom trim from Crate Paper was adhered across the card.  I then stamped a PTI sentiment in the lower right corner.

Before I go, I have to share this wonderful giveaway the amazingly talented Ingvild Bolme is having on her blog http://ingvildbolme.com/ .  As you can see here, it is a treasure of items!  You have until August 31 to enter.



Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy your week!






4 comments:

  1. Lovely card you have made sweet details.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, Patty! Love all the happy pink and love your design! Such a clever use for the flowers on either side of that sweet butterfly. Really love the pop of green on the lime pom pom, too!
    What a ton of work it is for you when you craft! I think having to haul all that stuff up and down from the basement would get really old fast. :) And I know what you mean about coming up with good blog titles. I usually go with one that I've taken from my project.......either the sentiment or something to do with it. Like this title could be "Celebrate Today"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Patty :) loving the pom pom trim!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty,
    What a great card this is! I really love the idea of making the slowers this way and the butterfly in the middle.
    I either have no good idea's about the question you have....
    I sometimes struggle with the same problem!
    Bye, Jen.

    ReplyDelete