Sunday, September 29, 2013

Card Featuring Websters Pages

Hi Everyone!  I hope you have had a good weekend.  We have been in a stretch of beautiful weather with more to come in the upcoming week.

Recently, an elderly lady at our church who is having serious health problems celebrated her 87th birthday, so I made this card for her.  She love it and it brought tears to her eyes.


The card was easily put together using paper, trim, resin flower and stickpin from Webster's Pages.  A doily edge punch by Martha Stewart was used on the plainer paper.  I believe the daisy-like flowers are Prima.  The tag was made from a Tim Holtz die and attached with a piece of ribbon.

Back to work tomorrow but looking forward to some craft time on my days off, although I really need to start fall housecleaning.  Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by and the sweet comments you leave!


8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, Patty with beautiful paper! Love the gorgeous flower and butterfly! How sweet of you to make it for the lady at your church. And, yes, the shout out was to you for inspiration of your stunning tags! Thank you for telling me about the link for it works now. Have a wonderful week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your card is really pretty and I think it is made with love and this is what brought tears to this dear lady's eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skønne farver, som solen selv, knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, what a sweet story, Patty! And what a happy, sunny, wonderful card! I recognized that Webster's stick pin immediately, and it totally made me smile. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy tears, love this lay out and the color is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya, Patty! Just saw your questions on my blog, so wanted to pop back to tell you that the bottle brush Halloween trees came from one of my favorite local shops, The Rusty Bucket. I've had them for about 5 years. Only ever seen them that one time, so I'm soooo glad I picked them up when I did. They seem to be the most popular of all my decorations so far. ;) The black crow with a moon on it's back is something I found from a dealer at an antique's store. It's a handcrafted treasure. I've been teaching myself how to make primitives kinda like that......but I'm nowhere near that good yet. Wish I could tell you for sure when the Tim Holtz Christmas is being released, but I don't actually know. Went to search for them at Sizzix, and they're not even listed yet, that I can see. I'll see if I can find anything out, and will let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy hello Patty! That was a sweet gesture to make that lady this beautiful card! It's a bright, cheerful, beautiful card! I'm sure she was delighted!

    ReplyDelete