Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Classic Elegance Tag

Just popping in with a quick post.  Recently, I purchased a magazine from the UK that came with a free gift of Melissa Frances 6x6 paper pad and diecuts from the Classic Elegance line.  Also included were self-adhesive pearls from another line.  Since Melissa Frances products are one of my favorite things, I was thrilled to snag this.  As I've mentioned before, tags are my favorite paper craft to make; so here is what I made from the free gift.


I glued three sheets of the pattern paper to a tag making a banner out of one and inking all the edges.  A Martha Stewart doily was inked and cut in half with a diecut placed on top of it using foam dots.  Some eyelash yarn was tucked underneath of the diecut.  The flower from Recollections was sprayed with several shades of Glimmer Mist and highlighted with some modeling paste.  The tiny aqua and cream pearl swirl is from Prima.  The little metal heart touched up with modeling paste and tucked under the top of the flower is also from Recollections.  A pearl strip from Recollections was added to the top, and a piece of lace from my stash finishes it off.


Although I play around with different styles, shabby chic is my absolute favorite!  I love the soft, feminine, romantic look of it.  I do like other styles but I am drawn to this the most.

We've reached mid-week, so, for me, one more day of work tomorrow and then off for four.  I love this time of year with the change in the weather and all the wonderful things fall brings.  Enjoy the rest of the week!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I love the freebies from the magazines! and this tag is gorgeous!! The pearls along the top finish it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do shabby chic so well, my friend! Love this tag with it's soft feminine look and lovely details! Adorable vintage image. Love how you framed it with the doily and eyelash trim. The lace tie is really beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet tag with cool details.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am such a lover of tags! So happy these MF products came into your hands- you worked some magic with them :)!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a gorgeous shabby chic tag! I must try to make more tags. For yours is so lovely and such an inspiration! Love the use of lace, pearls, and sweet image for this very pretty tag! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very vintage elegant! I love how you placed the lace/sprays behind the girls! Soft/feminine/elegant details! I love it!

    ReplyDelete