Sunday, April 6, 2014

Easter Wishes

Hello everyone!  It is a beautiful day here today--sunny with a cool breeze.  While our nights are still a bit cold, I think winter may be on its way out.  My bruises from the injury to my forehead are fading and I no longer have that smoky eye look to one eye!

With Easter fast approaching, I though I'd better get a start on cards for the holiday.  Everything used on this card is from Recollections or Michael's except for the large fabric flower from Jolee's Boutique.  I tried a different approach on making this card by tearing pieces of paper and piecing them together, although you really can't see it here.  The papers were rather bright, so I have them a light coat of gesso.  A Wilton doily was placed on top and then a floral image was added to that with pop dots.  Flowers were placed at opposite corners.  The wood leaf was given a coat of bundled sage Distress Paint.  The trim across the bottom was from the bargain bin at Michael's.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


I felt the card still needed something, so I added the pretty faceted rhinestones from Recollections to finish it off.


On another note, I didn't realize that some people may not know who I am because by blogger profile just says pattyo while google has me as Patty O'Malley, so I updated my blogger name to Patty O'Malley.  So if you are use to seeing me as pattyo, it is now Patty O'Malley.  Thank you for stopping by.  I always appreciate the comments you leave.  Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Patty! I was enjoying this beautiful day here too! I love it! Your card is lovely! Soft and beautiful details!
    Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la, this is such a wonderful and feminine card! I love the large flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is oh so gorgeous! love the colors and love the doiley popped in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, of course, know who you are, my dear friend, and I LOVE you! :) Gorgeous, gorgeous card! So love the soft coat you gave the papers with the gesso and love the mixture of blossoms. Such a pretty vintage focal image, too. And I do love how those faceted gems finish things off. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is pretty as always, Pat. I have that trim too but never thought of using it on card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very clever Patty! And so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Patty, what an absolutely gorgeous and elegant card .. love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful and the big flower....yummie.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, what a pretty card, Patty! Love all the pink and the flowers are gorgeous! It makes for the perfect feminine Easter card!

    ReplyDelete