Sunday, April 13, 2014

Enjoy - Laugh

Hi everyone.  I hope you've had a wonderful weekend.  I finally started my spring housecleaning and managed to put a dent in it.  Because of that, I only had a short time to make a quick birthday card for one of my nephews.


I began with a cream card base.  The papers are from Tim Holtz except for the corrugated cardstock from DCWV.  All the edges were inked with tea dye Distress Ink, and the corrugated cardstock was given a light coat of picket fence Distress Paint.  The butterfly sticker was attached with a foam square and highlighted with Stickles.  I used a Fiskar's punch for the banner and adhered word stickers from Tim Holtz.  Recollection wooden hearts were given a coat of clear rock candy Distress Stickles and a bit of twine connects the pennants.  The card is a bit dark so I tried to brighten it up a bit with the Recollection silver pearls and a Tim Holtz mirrored star.


My nephew turned 11 years old, so I wanted to emphasize that by punching one of the banners around the number 11.  I used foam squares to give the banner some dimension.

Well, that's all for me today.  Our temperatures have soared into the 80s, a bit too quick for me.  By mid-week the temps are supposed to drop back to the 50s.  Have a wonderful week!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Patty, love those colors.. perfect for a male.. and we are heading into autumn and can feel the slight drop in temperatures during the nights.. making it harder to get out of bed in the mornings....sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Patty! I love the bit of corrugated paper for texture, and that banner is so cute. Clever to emphasis the number 11 on the center one. Love the little mirrored star in the center, too!
    It was pretty hot here this past weekend, too. Made me wonder if we were jumping straight to summer. Sure would like some spring first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful!! I love the look of the corrugated paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful birthday card, Patty! Love all the texture and the number 11 for your nephew! We had a perfect spring day yesterday. Some rain and very windy today, which brought in cooler temps. And, may hit a record low in the 20s for tonight...brrr! But, back in the 60's again very soon! Have a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete