Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dancing Faeries Card

Two beautiful weekends in a row here.  I am thoroughly enjoying it even if it isn't snowing!  lol  The weather is just perfect with beautiful blue skies and low humidity.  I am taking it in while it lasts.

The card I'm sharing today I made for my Mom's birthday last weekend.  I started with a cream card base and used paper from Prima's Firefly collection.  I then layered a piece of lace ribbon across the middle of the card.  The cream intricate frame was made with a Spellbinder's Nestabilities Enchanted Labels die.  It is so delicately beautiful.  I heat embossed the edges of it with Recollections Snow Embossing Powder to give it a sheen.  The fairy stamp is from Prima's Princess collection, colored with Copic markers, and highlighted with Stickles.


To fill in the frame a bit more, I made some clear bubble-like dots with Glossy Accents.  The tiny butterflies were made with a Martha Stewart punch and Liquid Pearls.  A white satin bow, Prima flowers, and Recollections pearls finishes the card.


I also decorated the inside of the card but forgot to photograph it.  I really love this frame but it was a bit difficult to remove from the die.  I had to fussy cut part of it but it was worth it.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. It's such a gorgeous and magical looking card! You have used the frame die and the lovely stamp beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The delicate frame is absolutely gorgeous! And, the way you made it sparkle and shine is so lovely! Sweet little fairies and butterflies, too! A pretty delicate card with wonderful color...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, very enchanting! I use wax paper between my die and the paper which helps when you have an intricate die to use.. also I have used the backing paper from contact that I use when I cover my DD school books.. it works quite well too.. There is also foam that can be added permanently to the die which is wonderful as well. Have a lovely day! We have sunshine here even though it is now winter..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Patty! Love the fancy die cut design and pretty image! The shimmery detail adds a nice touch! Happy Birthday to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet and beautiful card, Patty! Love the little fairy images and pretty papers, and that die cut frame is amazing. I so love the glittery accents you added. The tiny bubbles on the framework are so cool. I bet your mom adored her sweet birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card love the colors.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love Prima papers? Your card is beautiful and I'm sure your mom loved it! A hint when using those detailed dies from Spellbinders - I have used wax paper in between the die and paper. It helps to remove the paper without tearing.

    ReplyDelete