Here we are at the start of a new week, and I am certainly glad the past one is over. As I mentioned in my previous post, my husband was in the hospital. He had surgery finally last Monday. He came home on Thursday after eleven days in the hospital. Making matters worse, I started feeling ill with flu-like symptoms. I was down for the count for a couple of days. Other stressful things also took place but were resolved. Here's hoping for much better days ahead!
Anyway, I've had this tiny 4x4 canvas that I've been wanting to alter for quite some time but was a bit intimidated. I whipped out some white paint to coat the canvas and then applied Distress Inks in Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade spritzed with water. I made a mess trying to stamp a sentiment on the canvas but corrected that with some gesso. Modeling paste was applied to a Crafter's Workshop script stencil which also helped to hide my stamping mess. The tiny vines are from my favorite Cherry Lynn die. Then, it was just a matter of applying all kinds of items from my stash to embellish the canvas. The resin corner, butterfly and some of the flowers are Recollections. Rhinestones, pearls and a couple flowers are from Prima.
Around the sides of the canvas, I attached some crochet lace from the bargain bin at Joann's. The trinket hanging from the bottom of the canvas is from Maya Road. I finished it off by attaching a satin ribbon and vintage button to the top.
As you can see, I am still having a bit of a problem learning how to use a new way of editing my photos. I thought I cropped the first photo but, obviously, not. However, it did work on the second one!
Here's a better photo of the card I shared in the previous post where I did not have a photo editing program. I need to get the hang of this new program better!
I hope the week ahead is a wonderful one for everyone. Thanks so much for stopping by!