Sunday, March 29, 2015

My First Mini Album

Hi everyone!  Recently, I watched a Live with Prima class where Frank Garcia and Jodie Lee Patterson shared making a mini album from a 12x12 sheet of paper.  It looked easy enough, so I decided to give it a try.  This is my first attempt at a mini album, so I see the flaws.  Looking back, I know I could have done a bit better with it.  Anyhoo, here it is.


I wasn't sure how to photograph it as it was difficult to get it to lie flat.  Everything I used is from Tim Holtz.  Washi tape was placed over the spine with some twine and a charm tied around for decoration.  I also used Industrious Stickers and Thrift Shop Ephemera to decorate the front and back covers.  A bit of Stickles was added to the butterfly.


Inside, quite a bit of stamping was done.  I cut journaling cards from the Crowded Attic papers and inked the edges.  I stamped images onto each one and a quotation onto the backs.  Unfortunately, I didn't photograph those.  I used various remnant rubs, clips, stickers and ephemera to decorate the insides.  I was sending this to a friend and didn't want it too bulky for mailing.

Well, there you have it.  I hope to try making another mini with more embellishing.  It's difficult to stay away from flowers and bling!

Have a wonderful week!  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for all your sweet comments.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mini album, Patty. You would never know it was your first! I was hooked after my first tutorial - now I love making them. My problem is I can never remember the measurements - lol! Love all the Tim Holz - hope to see more in the future from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thi slooks truly stunning! I just adore your mini! And you did a great job on your project without flowers, I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not see any faults, this looks gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, this is your first album, stupendous!! Love your soft vintage colours and images and you did such a wonderful job adding dimension and interest even without flowers and bling! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, Patty! Congratulations on your first mini album! It is fantastic! Love the neutral colors and all those pretty papers and stamps. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fabulous mini album! I think it's very pretty with all the stamped birds and vintage touches...well done!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the proud owner of this lovely mini-album, and I loved looking at all the little details on each page, and also reading the inspirational verses stamped on the back of cards tucked into the pockets. Very well done, Patty, and thank you for the gift!!! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete