Sunday, March 1, 2015

Two Very Different Birthday Cards

Hi there!  March is certainly coming in like a lion today with a wintery mixed bag of snow, sleet and rain.  Today, I have two cards to share--one masculine and one feminine with completely different styles to each.

Up first is a card I made for my husband's birthday last week.  I don't enjoy making masculine cards but I was pleased with how this one turned out.  All the papers are from Prima's Printery collection.  I used a distress tool on on the edges.  The gears are from Bead Landings and the clock charm is from Michael's.


Next card was done in a spring theme using bits and pieces from my stash.  The patterned paper is from Prima's Firefly collection.  I love everything Prima!  The doily is Martha Stewart.  The large wooden butterfly is from Recollections.  The flowers and leaves are a combination of Prima and Recollections.  I made a banner and stamped the sentiment onto it and then finished the card off with a couple of Recollections rhinestones.



Winter is still holding its grip here and I will be unhappy to see it go.  Yes, unhappy.  I love the colder weather, so I am in my element during this time of year.  I do love spring and fall but my favorite season is winter.  On that note, I leave you with this photo of my little Jasper who loves the fresh fallen snow.  Thanks so much for stopping by and all your sweet comments.


7 comments:

  1. Oh look at that snow!! The weather man is saying we are going to get hot days by Thursday this week.. not looking forward to that.. love your cards Patty, both look really good.. very masculine card for your hubby, and such a pretty feminine card with the doiley and butterfly!! Take care over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty: You would never know you don't like making masculine cards! This one turned out fantastic....all the layers and the gears. I like how you added the sentiment to the little journal page layer. I love the colours of your feminine card, the beautiful butterfly sitting on top of the doily and all the flowers surrounding it. Well done for both!
    Still snowing here in NS as I write. Peter chipped ice 3" thick off our driveway yesterday, and most roads are also like that. It's a terrible mess around here and I'm so longing for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your birthday cards, Patty! Such amazing layers and details on both! I think the clock face and gears you added to your hubby's card are soooooo perfect for the masculine look. And absolutely adore the butterfly and flowers on your spring creation, also.
    Glad you are still getting some of your favorite snow. I think we may be done for the year now... we've still got some on the ground, but finally went back to school after missing almost all of the past two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are very nice looking, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are fabulous Patty! Love the masculine one with all the gears! The butterfly looks gorgeous on the second! Your sweet pup looks so cute! brrr... sending warm and sunny thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful masculine card for your husband, Patty! I hope he had a wonderful birthday! And, your second card is just lovely with the beautiful butterfly! Very cute photo of your dog out in the snow! We are getting freezing rain here today. I'm very ready for spring!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Patty, love both your cards fabulous!!! and not forgetting little Jasper ... what a sweetie! :) we had snow yesterday too, it's like winter here in Northern Ireland xx

    ReplyDelete