Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Day in May Card

Hello everyone!  It's a very humid, warm day here today with severe storms expected later.  I have somewhere to be this afternoon, so I hope to get back home before the bad weather starts.

Today, I am sharing a card I made awhile ago.  Once again, I used the beautiful papers from Pion Design, this time being A Day in May.


Using a Heidi Swapp heart stencil and modeling paste, I began by making the heart design onto the green paper.  All paper edges were distressed and inked.  I then started layering various pieces of scrap paper as well as cheesecloth under the image.  A Martha Stewart punch was used on the stripe paper to give it more of a design.  The flowers are from Petaloo.  I cut the tiny "for you" sentiment from the border strips paper.   Fussy cut butterflies and a couple of hemp bows add a finishing touch.


I always love the soft color palette of Pion Design papers.  The images are so pretty as well.  The border strip sheet offers so many different ways to accent the papers.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leaving a comment.  I appreciate hearing from you.  Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful shabby elegance Patty and gorgeous add d elements. Have a great week. XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have had a good day and got home before the storms.. it is getting quite cold here and today was not a day to be outside.. your card is so pretty, the colors are so and oh so lovely.. have a good week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Patty!! I love the one layer of dark paper amid all the soft tones, such a lovely contrast! Shabby goodness. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Patty! I just love your layers and love all the texture! The cheesecloth and the pretty flowers are divine. And I LOVE that stenciled/modeling paste background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty Patty! I love how you featured that pretty paper! The textured heart background adds such nice detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Patty!! very humid here too, struggling with the heat (",) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to take a closer look at this vintage beauty...so lovely! Sweet image and lots of wonderful layering. Love the background, pretty flowers, and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete