Sunday, August 28, 2016

On Wings of Love Tag

Hi friends!  August is fast coming to a close and I, for one, am looking forward to the Fall Season and all it brings.

My tag today is made with bits and pieces from my stash.  The papers are all K&Co.  The lace is from Joann's.  A bit of ruffled lace was used to frame the Craft Secrets image.  A crochet doily was cut in two for added layers.  The ruffled trim as well as the beaded trim and the metal embellishment were a gift from a dear friend.  The flowers and butterfly are Recollections.  The rhinestone swirl is Prima.


The paper edges were all inked and distressed.  I used foam tape for dimension between the layers.  A resin rose was placed on top of the metal embellishment.


So, what have you been up to this weekend?  I have spent over six hours in the course of three days working on a tag featuring a Julie Nutting doll stamp.  I was inspired by a beautiful card posted the other day by Pamellia Johnson.  Let me say, she makes it look so easy; but I can now say that I know firsthand the amount of work she puts into her gorgeous projects.  I am still not finished with the tag and it does not look as beautiful as her card, but I am trying!  Hopefully, I will be able to share it in the future if I'm not too embarrassed by it!  lol

Have a wonderful week ahead, dear friends.  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.  I appreciate all your sweet comments.

12 comments:

  1. Your tag is stunning! Love all the lace and bling on it. You can tell a lot of love when into making this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Patty! A real vintage beauty! Love all the layers, pearls and lace trimmings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Patty. So shabby and delicious, love all the laces and soft tones. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know Patty. I didn't have my glasses on this morning, shame on me. I must say, I'm sort of excited to see how your doll turned out! Thanks for the shout out, it is a wee bit of work but so worth it in the end, wouldn't you agree!! I'll be watching for your doll tag Patty, have a great night. hugs :)

      Delete
  4. Well as you are waiting for fall, we are waiting for spring!! Your tag looks so pretty, lace, flowers, butterfly and bling.. all works to make this a really lovely tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmyword, the detail on here is absolutely amazing, my friend! Love, love, LOVE the mix of trims, and what a gorgeous vintage image! <3
    Sounds like you had a great weekend with lots of fun crafting time. We definitely want to see that tag when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patty!
    Wow! There is layer upon layer of soft,mshabby gorgeousness here! I love the vintage design and the dimension you've achieved with your layers. I love Pamellia's work also, though I've never had the courage to try my hand at her techniques. Bravo to you, Patty! Your tag is a work of art!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty, this is absolutely gorgeous! The layers upon layers of sweet softness are one of my favorite things ever.. you've designed this so beautifully. I look forward to seeing your tag inspired by sweet Pamellia. She is ever-inspiring, indeed. :o) Sending tons of love and light your way!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful Patty! And good luck getting the other tag finished. I hope you're enjoying the process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful Patty! And good luck getting the other tag finished. I hope you're enjoying the process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so in awe of your tags! Such gorgeous creations, Patty! Lots of vintage beauty and pretty layers! Love the mix of trims, butterfly and gems...so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete