Sunday, October 23, 2016

Fairy Tale Tag

After some very unseasonably warm weather this past week, we finally have a return back to Fall.  I am loving the crisp, cool weather.  On my agenda today is making a nice big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup with fresh, warm bread.

My post this week features a tag I made awhile back.  Everything used are older items from my stash, so I'm not sure where they came from.  I do know that the flowers are a combination of Prima, Recollections and Spare Parts.  I began by covering a tag made from a cereal box with K&Co papers.  A doily was placed next with the fairy tale like image on top.  I surrounded that with some trim and a string of pearls.  A piece of lace was glued to the bottom on the tag.  Next, all the various flowers were placed around the image.  A hemp bow, ruffled lace, Prima diecut leaves and a pearl were tucked among the flowers.  A piece of lace trim was tied to the top.


I did have another piece of lace attached across the bottom of the tag but didn't like how it looked.


Well, that's it for me today.  I guess it's time to put the summer clothes away and bring out the fall ones.  At least, I'm hoping summer is finished making an appearance this season!  Thank you so much for your kind comments and for taking the time to stop by.  Wishing all a wonderful week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. I have had the soup pot back out now too Patty and made Cream of Mushroom yesterday, although I have not tried making my own bread.....clever you !
    Loving your tag, beautiful choice of embellishments that work well with your image.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, homemade soup! I love to do a nice french onion soup with tea biscuits when it's cool outside! Beautiful shabby piece today, so soft and lovely!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we are supposed to be in the middle of spring, but it feels like winter is hanging on for a bit longer in the mornings particularly!! but then the days do warm up... I hope your soup was delish, it sounded like it was going to be yumm! Your tag is so pretty, i love the lace and all the flowers.. very pretty indeed.. I hope you have a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous tag, Patty!! Very pretty image, lace, and flowers! Soup sounds good to me on this fall day! I plan on making white chicken chili for dinner tonight. Hope you have a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Patty! Love all the blossoms and lace! So very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the most gorgeous tags, Patty!! Love all the feminine, vintage frills here! Wow!

    ReplyDelete