Sunday, May 21, 2017

Shabby Fabric Tag

Hi there!  I hope the past week has been a good one for everyone.  Yesterday, my cousin's daughter got married.  The wedding was beautiful.  I will be sharing the card I made for her at my cousin's request sometime in the near future.  Today, however, I am sharing a shabby fabric tag.


I began by cutting a piece of felt into the shape of a tag and covering it with a canvas-like piece of shabby chic fabric I bought on clearance at Michael's.  Using various appliques and lace trims, I layered them around the tag.  Taking an image of a young girl from the Internet, I edged the photo in lace and added some tiny vintage buttons.  A wooden timepiece by Recollections was tucked under the photo frame.  A ribbon flower and some glittered leaves from my stash were added next.  Another piece of lace trim was tied to the top as a finishing touch.


Well, that's it for me today.  I got very little sleep last night and am starting to feel very sleepy.  I think I'll take a nap!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I do appreciate your very sweet comments.  Have a wonderful week ahead!


10 comments:

  1. Wow Patty, what a beautiful tag. The layers of lace and coffee and cream colours look amazing next to your image. I have sent you an email with a link for my lollipop tutorial.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you always do the most amazing things with lace! This tag is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful layering of those gorgeous lace pieces and trims Patty. I love how you framed the photo and added the pops of chocolate colours. Have a wonderful week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo wow this is shabbylicious!! love all the lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Patty! Such a gorgeous project! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness... Patty, this is GORGEOUS. Every facet weaves happiness straight to my heart. Naturally the trims are my favorite, which you've used to sweet perfection. Thank you for the lovely inspiration, my friend. Have a beautiful day. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So pretty and vintage.Those layers of lace are stunning!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh , this is gorgeous, Patty! Of course I am loving all this brown and neutrals, and all the fabric and lace, too! The detail is amazing! Love the vintage image you found, too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a gorgeous vintage tag, Patty! Lovely image and all the pretty lace is so beautiful! Wonderful wooden piece and addition with the tiny buttons! It's perfect...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word...STUNNING! Love those trims and the vintage image is a perfect focal point! Love this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete