Sunday, July 2, 2017

My Besties Card - Simple & Sweet

It's a very hot day today but that is expected this time of the year.  I am patiently waiting for the fall--can't come fast enough for me!

Today, I have a card to share using one of my favorite stamp collections--My Besties.  This sweet image is called "Little Sophia."


The image was colored using Copic markers and cut out with a stitched oval die by Tim Holtz.  This was placed on a diecut frame by Spellbinders.  The background paper is Recollections Spring Dream collection and adhered to a white cardstock base.  A strip of crochet lace was placed next and a strip of self-adhesive trim attached at the top.   The framed image was mounted with foam tape.  The flowers are from Recollections Spring Dream and Color Splash collections, and the diecut leaves are from Cheery Lynn.  The sentiment is from the same Recollections paper collection.  A white hemp bow adds a finishing touch.


I love the foil touches in this paper collection.  It adds that extra sparkle!  Plus, the color palette is so soft and sweet.


Using a leftover piece of the paper, I decided to dress up the envelope a bit with it and a matching flower and diecut leaf.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for your kind comments.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely sweet card with the darling girl! Wonderful colors and coloring! Beautiful trims, flowers, and die cuts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute card, I love the image and how you have colored her in... so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring skills are incredible Patty! This is fantastic, wow! The card is wonderful with the flowers and trims, but I adore that you let your amazing image steal the show here. Truly well done! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, Patty! And your coloring is absolutely amazing! Love the flowers and trim you added, too. Just makes me smile! Happy 4th! Hope you have a wonderful family celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I could colour in the way you do Patty. Fabulous card, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty! Oh lovely sweet card :) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty, I envy your coloring skills. Your image is so sweet and your simple embellishments compliment it perfectly! I just picked up some Spectrum Noir pens at a sale, and I hope to have a little play with them soon...so many crafts, so little time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always do such a wonderful job with the colouring Patty! A beautiful focal image for a stunning card full of pearls and laces and all things beautiful!! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete