Sunday, July 22, 2018

Christmas in July - Part 1

In watching YouTube for crafting videos, I have been seeing a lot of projects this month focusing on Christmas in July.  I decided to join in and get a start on my Christmas projects.  This week, I am sharing some tiny tags using Tim Holtz dies.


These tags are quite tiny, measuring under two inches.  You can get an idea of the size by comparing to the quarter on the right.  These were somewhat tedious to make because of all the extra tiny parts.  I used Distress cardstock to cut everything out.  For each of the images, I used glittered cardstock.  However, I wasn't happy with how it looked on the Santa; so I used Snow Writer and Diamond Dust on his beard and hat.  A holly sticker was added to the candy cane and some rhinestones were added to the snowflake.  Twine and tinsel garland were used for the ties.  Because it was so time consuming to make these, I think the next time I will just cut everything out on white cardstock and color with Copics. 

Here is a look at the card I made as well.  Details will be on my blog next week.


Thank you for taking time to stop by and for leaving a comment.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes Patty the year is flying by and I need to start on my Christmas crafting!!! Love these little tags... so cute.. and I think the doiley die I have used is a Prima die, i have had it for ages, and I cant remember where I got it from.. it is one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute, cute tags, Patty! Absolutely love the little shapes and designs, and your touches of glittery sparkle are such a beautiful addition. I know what you mean about the difficulty of putting together those tiny shapes. My clunky fingers just don't work that small anymore! haha
    Cannot wait to see a closer look at that gorgeous card next week! Wow!
    Enjoy your rainy weather this week! At least it does tend to cool things down some.:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute little tags and I love the vintage feel to your card.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Christmas tags, Patty! Love the sparkle and shine on the Santa! And, a great peek at the lovely vintage Christmas card...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, where did my comment go??? Patty, these tiny tags are so adorable! I especially love the diamond dust on Santa! That vintage Christmas card is gorgeous, and I'm really looking forward to the details! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete