Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Today was a simply beautiful day!  Temperature around 70 and not an ounce of humidity.  I pruned some of my bushes outside, changed the outdoor decorations, and hope to plant my flowers this weekend.  I did finish up some more bookmarks for little Mother's Day gifts.  Tomorrow is what is now becoming the annual Mother's Day Tea outing with my mom, aunt and cousins.  I can't wait!

I have a couple of cards to share for Mother's Day.  They were quick and easy, but I'm not particularly fond of the results.  I guess we can be our own worst critic!


The diecut paper, butterfly and flower embellishment are all K&Co.  I used some pearls from Recollections to dress it up a bit.  The ribbon is from my stash.


This card also was made with paper, a tag, puffed butterfly sticker as well as the sticker used in the center of the flower all from K&Co.   The flowers are Prima.  I used the orange for the flower to bring out the orange from the birds.  It's hard to see in this photo, but I used some raised flower stickers on top of some of the flowers on the paper.

Well, that's it for today.  I'll try to pop back in over the weekend to share the rest of the bookmarks I made.  Have a wonderful weekend; and if you're a mom, Happy Mother's Day!


6 comments:

  1. Lovely cards both of them.
    have a great sunday byeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Patty! Sounds like you've been having a lovely weekend so far, and I hope that today is also a wonderful day for you! Your cards are just adorable! Love the pretty papers and the flowers and butterfly. The pearl trim on the first is fabulous, and I really like the orange flower on the second. I agree that it really pulls the color from the paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you! I LOVE your cards..but have too made something and it does not come out quite the way u saw it in your minds eye. I have a drawer of them..I call them the good cards gone bad drawer. I hope u had a good mothers day with your family! hugs, cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty these are both so soft and pretty. I love the delicate look of them.
    Thank you soooooo much for your sweet words on my blog. That piece was a long slow one but I was thrilled that my MIL loves it.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving those cards Patty!! So vintagey but with a sweet and fresh look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pattyo :)
    Thank you for stopping by with your kind words :)
    Just having a look at your gorgeous creations :) and loving all the
    Beautiful bookmarks :)
    Keep up the great work

    Love Marlou x

    ReplyDelete