Sunday, July 22, 2012

50 Shades of Green

Hey there, everyone!  This past week has gone by so quickly.  After some intense days of heat, we got some much needed rain on Friday which was a perfect day to stay indoors and spend the time crafting.  Today, I actually have two cards to share with you using various shades of green.

Up first is a card using papers from Glitz.  I used a glittered DCWV premade card for the base.  After attaching the Glitz pattern paper, I punched a lace border onto a strip of green Glitz paper and glued a piece of white ribbon with black dashes to the lacey border.  I took some Prima flowers, spritzed them with Smooch spray in vanilla, attached a Creative Imaginations brad and adhered it to the ribbon.  A stamped sentiment was added to a tag and accented with some little Queen & Co green pearls.


The second card is my favorite of the two.  I started out with a cream Recollections premade card as the base.  The papers are from Pink Paislee 6x6 Queen Bee line.  Again, I used the Martha Stewart lace punch to create two lacy borders, tied a cream satin bow around the card and attached a Recollections charm to the bow.  A PTI sentiment was stamped to the lower right side of the card with VersaFine black ink and a Prima swirl finished it off. 


I'm looking at this second card and the colors appear to be more yellow in the photo.  In person, it is more a yellowish green.

I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my cards today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful, Patty! Love the pretty papers on both and love how you've used the lacy border punch. The tiny sentiment tag with the pearls is gorgeous. Love the big bows and charm and the layered flower, too. You know, I still have that Queen Bee paper, and now I'm totally inspired to go break it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards with lovely details.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards Patty , loving them all especially the last one "live laugh love" ... beautiful and thank you for your kind words :) have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous cards, Patty! Love the beautiful flowered paper you used on both cards with great embellishment! And, thank you for visiting my blog with sweet comments! Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Patty and I love your blog post title, makes me giggle!!

    ReplyDelete