Sunday, July 8, 2012

Where Was I Going With This?

Hey there!  The weekend is winding up and finally a much needed break in our heat wave ( if you call 88 degrees cooler).  Certainly are the lazy, hazy days of summer! 

Today's card isn't quite what I intended.  I cut it apart, pieced it together, unglued things and this is what I ended up with:


And from a different angle...


Originally, I started out with a cream card base.  I took a pretty Webster's Pages circular diecut, folded it in half and attached it over the card fold.  I glued some brown Webster's lace around the curve and then took some green Webster's trim and adhered that on top of the lace.  I then cut the cream card base away from the circular diecut on the front of the card.   The green birdcage is a Webster's Fabric Thread and the little brown flower is one of their Whimsees.  I stamped a PTI sentiment to the tag and adhered in with pearls and rhinestones from Recollections.  But I wasn't happy with that, so I carefully cut the diecut from the cream card base.  I cut a piece of Bazzill sage green cardstock and attached it to the back of the diecut.  To cover the joint, I just tied a piece of brown ribbon around it.  A Martha Stewart punch was used on the corners.  And see that flower?  That was made with an EK punch.  You were supposed to use a strip of 12 inch paper, punch it and roll it up.  However, I used an 8 inch strip.  The flower would have been a perfectly round circle shape, but I kind of like the imperfect shape of it.  And that's probably the only thing I like about this card!  lol  A lot of work but I'm not happy with it.  Maybe I'll take it apart again!

Enjoy the week ahead!  Just a reminder that my blogversary giveaway is still open until the 14th (see post below).

6 comments:

  1. soooo pretty and I love love that webster trim..wish I still had some of that! love your shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don´t take it apart ist a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to chuckle after I read this post! I do the same thing - make a card and tear it apart and start all over. I think we are naturally too hard on ourselves! This card is very pretty. I love Webster trim - all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the uniqueness of it Patty. The squares or rectangles are the easy ones. Great idea to fold it. I just used one of the older WP shapes for one too. It's in a box of cards for my sister's b/d.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really adorable, Patty! Love the die cut edging and LOVE all those Webster's goodies. That birdcage is still one of my most favorite of their pieces. Really love your layered trim, too. This card may have given you design trouble, but I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally beautiful looks like a sewn card with all the textile effects

    ReplyDelete