Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stamping Fun

The other day, I picked up a copy of "the stamper's sampler"--one of the few crafting magazines still in print.  I don't know about you, but nothing beats having a printed copy in hand.  To me, it's so much easier to flip through a magazine for inspiration than trying to remember where you saw something online.  Anyway, the projects in this magazine inspired me to make use of my stamp images.


This lady stamp is from Rubber Stampede.  I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and used Faber-Castell pencils to color it.  I painted a piece of DCWV corrugated cardboard with picket fence Distress Paint.  The pattern paper is K&Co.  All paper edges were given an aged look with tea dye Distress Ink.  I glued the image to another piece of K&Co paper and attached it to the card with foam tape.  The fabric flower as well as the pearls and lace trim at the bottom are from Recollections, and the tiny roses and trim at the top are from Prima.


It has been a very rainy weekend here.  I don't mind.  I've been crafting, reading, watching a couple of movies, and baking.  Earlier in the week, I was hit in the head with a paper towel dispenser that flew open when I tried getting a towel out at work.  Can you believe it?  I have a bruised forehead and black eye, so having a nice relaxing weekend is just what I needed.  Here's hoping the upcoming week is a good one for all!  Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet comments you leave.


6 comments:

  1. Oh no what a silly paper towel dispenser.. I hope you are on the mend! and some relaxing crafting is always good therapy!! I love you card, your image is so pretty, and love the pearls and lace too.. very feminine.. take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card are always stunning, Pat. I hope your bruises are fading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Patty! I LOVE that pretty image you used, and your coloring is fabulous! Such pretty trims and flowers, too. I love the added texture of the corrugated board. And that big flower looks like it's in her hair. Love that!
    So sorry to hear about your injury! Goodness gracious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The image is just gorgeous, Patty! Fabulous coloring, lace, pearls, and flowers! And, so sorry to hear about your injury! Hope you are feeling much better! Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww Patty, I hope you are okay :( take care!!
    your card is fabulous, sending get well hugs xx

    ReplyDelete