Tuesday, March 25, 2014

You Are Loved Card

Just popping in for a quick post.  I had intended to share this on Sunday and then yesterday but forgot.  So here it is now!  I made this card for my son's recent birthday.  Everything used on the card is from Tim Holtz.  I think this is the first time that I've ever made a card with product completely from one line.


This postage stamp die is my absolute favorite die!  I embossed a sheet of cardstock, highlighted it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and adhered it to the frame.  Some ephemera was added next.  I used some Distress Paint on the metal band and tied it and a star charm onto the card with some new trim.  The butterflies were diecut from more Tim cardstock and colored with Distress Stains and Paint.


Have you noticed I managed not to add one flower to this card?  I believe that's a first for me!


Inside was a Tim Holtz stamped sentiment but I forgot to take a picture of it.  I really love playing with his products.

Well, that's it for now.  We are experiencing yet a bit of snow again tonight.  Winter is fighting to hang on for as long as it can!  Hope all is well with you.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bday card for your son, Patty! Love the embossing, image, and star charm! I'm sure your son will appreciate this awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks wonderful.. and I love that die too, and have it on my wish list! Love the embossed back ground.. a really lovely male card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favourite dies too and you have made a completely gorgeous card with it! I love the vintage and masculine look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is gorgeous, Patty! I bet he loved it! Fabulous masculine design! I love the metal sentiment band. Great touch to add that bit of paint to it. The butterflies are fabulous, too. They look like metal with that fabulous finish you gave them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card - one of hardest cards for me to make! I will have to add that die to my wish list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful i love the sweet image.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete