Sunday, March 22, 2015

25th Birthday Card

Hi friends.  Thank you so much for the get well wishes on my last post.  I am feeling much better.  Winter was not ready to leave us this past week as we had six inches of snow on Friday.  Temperatures are still unseasonable but we should be in the 60-degree range by the end of this week.

Also last week was my son's 25th birthday.  I pulled out my 6x6 Prima Printery papers to make his card.


I simply layered scraps of paper on top of each other and made a tag out of one of the scraps.  The bottle cap is from Bead Landing.  Using a one-inch circular punch, I cut a design from the papers for the cap,  placed an epoxy sticker on it, and added a couple of gears to that.  A banner was also cut from the papers and stamped with a PTI sentiment.  The butterfly is from Prima's Engraver collection.  The black twine is from Tim Holtz.  The tag was adhered with foam dots for dimension.  Love the Engraver paper clip in the upper right corner.  The "25" stickers are from Making Memories.  I then added a few more gears to the lower left corner.


Since it snowed all day on Friday, I spent a good amount of time crafting.  I was happy to complete several projects.  They are spring themed.  It felt odd making them while watching the snow fall!

Thank you once again for the well wishes and also for your sweet comments on my projects.  I hope the week ahead is wonderful for everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Nice masculine card, Patty. I love all the layers! I am sure your son loved it. After experiencing spring-like weather these last few days, we are to get 2-5" of snow by Tuesday. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Patti! I really like the tag and the metal accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are felling better.. and our summer seems to be holding on here too, much like your snow!!! Lovely card, great male embellishments on it.. I hope he had a good birthday! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgoodness, more snow for you! I know that makes you happy, my friend! So glad to hear you're feeling better, and LOVE the card you made for your son's bday! That paper is so perfect for a masculine design, and I adore all the layers. And how cool is that bottlecap with the gears! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty: glad you are on the mend. Really like this masculine card for your son, and in particular what you did with the bottle cap and his number "age" in the corner. Great card! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Patty! Love the vintage tones and the wonderful trinkets you used! Good to hear you're feeling a bit better! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty Patty! Love the distressed detail and all the gears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful masculine card Patty!!
    Inger xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome masculine card for your son's birthday! Love how you placed the number in the corner! And, fab gears and bottle cap!

    ReplyDelete