Friday, February 17, 2012

Daisies in February

My niece's birthday was this week, so I created a springy looking card for her.  The papers, chipboard, and rub-ons are all from Imaginisce. 

I layered the daisy paper over top of the polka dot paper.  I also used a Martha Stewart punch on the polka dot paper to create the strip near the center.  Using EK punches, I adhered the circular scalloped piece on top of the punched strip.  A chipboard flower was placed in the certer and a tag stamped with a Rubber Soul sentiment and an orange bow was set off to the side.

Next, I decided to play around with the envelope.  Using a Martha Stewart punch, I punched two daisy shapes from the polka dot paper, attached another Imaginisce chipboard flower to the center, and placed it it the left-hand corner.  Isn't the rub-on row of mushrooms across the bottom so cute?  Then, with another Martha Stewart punch, I attached two butterflies embellished with Recollections rhinestones.  A little orange heart dots the "i" in her name.

I hope to be back again later this weekend with a winter card.  Today is almost like spring here.  Quite unusual for this time of the year.  As you may know, I love winter but the season this year is not living up to its name (much to most people's liking!).  Have a wonderful weekend and, as always, thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card i like the colors and a cool envelope.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy and adorable card, Patty! I just LOVE that color combo. Yes, makes me think of spring, and makes me happy. Loving all the polka dots and punched edging and layered circles. And that matching envelope is simply the sweetest thing. The row of mushrooms is fab!

    ReplyDelete