Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine Projects

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought I'd better get moving and make a few things.  First up is this card I made using a scrap of polka dot paper from my stash.  I also came across an unopened pack of K & Co die-cut cardstock with the sweetest Victorian images like this cute little cherub, roses, envelope and sentiment.  The Royal Lace doily was spritzed with Tattered Angels S.W.A.K. mist.  The rhinestone swirls are from Me & My Big Ideas.  I added a touch of Stickles to the roses and adhered them as well as the cherub with foam adhesive.

On a recent trip to my local AC Moore, I came across a wooden heart-shaped doiley with a rose image cut through (not sure what the correct terminology is for this technique).  I gave it a couple of coats of different color paints.  I hot glued buttons from Making Memories around the edge.  The cherub was on a stick that I saved from an arrangement of flowers I received from my son last Valentine's Day.  It was originally gold, so I removed the stick portion and gave it a coat of white paint and distressed it with a bit of brown ink.  The envelope is from K & Co, pink felt heart is from Making Memories, and the little heart charm hanging at the bottom is from Recollections.  A bit of lace was attached for hanging and then a generous coat of Martha Stewart glitter was applied.


My son asked if he could have this to give to someone.  I told him I would make another one since this one is sentimental to me because of the cherub and it is the only one I had.  I took a trip to AC Moore yesterday and found some more of these hearts as well as the cutest heart-shaped trinket box.  Looks like I'm on a roll!  Nothing like coming down to the wire!  Hopefully, you will see them here soon!

I hope the week ahead is wonderful for everyone.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit.

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful Valentine projects, Patty! Love, love, love the sweet vintage style to these, and LOVE that you added a cherub from your son's flower arrangement. What a great way to preserve those memories. That wooden heart hanging is just gorgeous! I really like the outline of buttons and the sugar coating of glitter. Fabulous details on the card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects Patty .The hanging heart looks so stunning and cool your son liked her to and want it..lol..no you can make a ohter one.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning projects Patty! Love those buttons around the edge of that gorgeous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty..tried to find your email to answer you but did not see one...anyways I could do something similiar for you...the sewing machine would be vertical and the tag would be different but with a bloom on it..and the vintage button card would be a different vintage button card ..I would try to keep it as similiar as possible. you can look in my etsy solds and see the other one I did for ideas as well. Just let me know. thanks so much, cherry

    ReplyDelete