Sunday, May 31, 2015

Precious Things

Hi everyone!  Another week has gone by too quickly.  I am finally starting to feel better and I thank you for your well wishes.

After making so many frilly things the past few weeks, I really felt the need to bring out the inks, paste, glitter and get a bit messy.  I've been longing to use my Tim Holtz butterfly duo die and decided to make this tag.  Everything used on this tag is from Tim and Ranger.


Beginning with a kraft tag base, I adhered a sheet of paper from Tim's Wallflower collection.  The edges were distressed and inked with Vintage Photo and Black Soot inks.  Using Tim's Dot Fade Stencil, I applied Ranger Texture Paste and then some Distress Glitter in Antique Linen.  After that dried, I applied rub-ons in various spots.  I then gave the tag a coat of Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold.


The butterfly was given a coat of Victorian Velvet Ink, raised edges sanded, Frayed Burlap Ink was applied next, followed immediately with clear embossing powder and then heat dried.  Black Soot was added to the edges for a bit more definition.   A piece of wire was shaped for the butterfly's antennae (is that what they are called?).


The crinkle ribbon was colored with a combination of all the above inks.  The typed token and  heirloom rose (colored with Victorian Velvet) was attached to the bow with the pin.


Please forgive the quality of this last photo.  The lighting wasn't too good today.  If you click on each image, you can see a better view.

Well, that's it for me today.  I enjoyed making this tag and have a few butterflies already cut waiting for some different colors and shine.  Thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet comments.  I wish everyone a wonderful week ahead.

11 comments:

  1. Stunning Patty! That butterfly looks incredibly gorgeous! Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your tag looks gorgeous! You do vintage so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! This tag looks so pretty, that butterfly is gorgeous! And love the bow too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhh, this is SO gorgeous, Patty! You know I am loving all this Tim and Ranger stuff, and my gosh, have you come up with the most stunning design! Love the colors you used.... now I want to bust out the Victorian Velvet... and love the big bow. And the texture and gloss on the butterfly is amazing! LOVE the texture paste background, too!
    So glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope you're completely back to your old self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty: I did a comment on Sunday, but I don't see it showing. Must be in cyber-space somewhere! LOL
    Anyhow, I bet you had tons of fun creating this tag -lots of TH techniques. I like the double bow, the paste/glitter dots and that beautiful butterfly die. You even took the time to make some antennae! Very nice work.
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Patty, this is really stunning!! It has an elegance to it with the soft pinks and metallics...drew me right in! Pinned it, love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, Patty! The background is amazing as is the gorgeous butterfly! And, love the bow with metal charm! Truly, one of my favs...so pretty!!! Have a great weekend!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Patty, lovely colours and beautiful butterfly.
    Hope you are fit and well now.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag and i love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend showed me this tag that you sent her today . It's so much prettier in real life . Love the grunge look .

    ReplyDelete