Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dance

Hi there, friends!  I guess I spoke too soon.  In my last post, I mentioned we were having the most glorious fall weather.  Well, that was quickly replaced this past week with warm, humid weather.  Air conditioning is back on.  Hopefully, though, fall will return soon!

Today's card was made with pretty papers from Prima.  I believe they are from Nature's Garden.  Each layer was inked and distressed.  A piece of cheesecloth and cardboard was placed between the two layers.  Various trims were placed across the bottom of the card.  I wanted to showcase the sweet Tim Holtz paper doll ballerina so I placed her on a glittered frame with Prima and Recollections flowers as well as a wooden rose to the side.  I tucked an assortment of beads inside of the frame.  The "dance" bead was framed with flatback pink pearls.  A tulle bow, rhinestones, and splatters of gesso finish it off.


This card was so much fun to make.  I think I am in love with paint splatters now!  I thought the tulle on the card fit perfect with the ballerina's tulle skirt. 


Well, that's all for me today.  I hope you have an enjoyable Sunday and a wonderful week ahead.  Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and for your sweet comments.

14 comments:

  1. Patty, oh my goodness, girl, you just never cease to amaze me! Love, love, love your card! Made my day before heading out for church! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! Patty love your card! Wonderful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Patty, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the embellishments you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Patty, love this card it's magical and I adore the exquisite touches. So pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my Patty! What a beauty! Love all the frilly trimmings and layers! You're inspiring me to put those hoarded products to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so gorgeous!! I love the frilly skirt!! I hope you have a good week ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful card Patty, this vintage doll is my most favourite and looks fabulous on those gorgeous layers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Patty, this is magically delightful! You have a gift for creating such lovely pieces, filled with sweet joy. :) The detailing here is magnificent and I adore the entire design. Stunning creation, sweet friend. Have a beautiful day. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Patty! I love that image of the ballerina, her tutu sure looks dimensional! Your flowers are wonderful and the glittery frame is lovely! The addition of all of the gorgeous bling makes this piece feel so magical! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet, Patty! I love your layers, and all the dimension from the mix of trims. The pearls inside the frame are so fun, and seriously adore the ruffles you added to that little ballerina skirt! The paint splatters are fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow!! What an amazing creation with the sweet image, Patty! Lots of wonderful dimension filled with trims...gorgeous!! Very pretty flowers! A spectacular creation! One of my favs...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely enchanting, Patty! Your little dancer looks rightly happy to be in such a gorgeous setting. I love all the shimmering flowers and beads - beautiful composition of all the elements.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patty, I love the dancer, too, and you have given here a magical stage to pirouette across! Love all your glittery elements. Great composition, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete