Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Late Merry & an Early Happy

Hi everyone!  Can you believe the holiday season is almost over?  I have to admit that I got a bit overwhelmed the last few days before Christmas and then had a few hectic days after.  Things have quieted down now.  We did get a dusting of snow on Christmas Eve, so I guess that can count for a white Christmas.  The day after Christmas we had a bit more snow but it turned to rain.  Yesterday, we ended up with about an inch and a half of the white stuff.  Made me happy.  I love to cozy up under my afghan with just the Christmas tree lit at night. 

With all the last minute rush, I got behind on doing a blog post--hence the title.  I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (which is now too late) and a Happy New Year (which is a little early)!  I do have a few cards to share.  Some of them, I'm not quite happy with.  I was in a rush to get some made and they look it.  lol 

First up is a little decorated envelope that I made with bits and pieces from my stash.  I do like the vintage look here.


Back of the envelope.

The next two cards use papers from Little Yellow Bicycle.  The circles were cut with EK punches.  I kept these two cards similar since I wanted to get a few done at once.  The holly leaves were made with a Martha Stewart punch.  Rhinestones are also Martha Stewart.  A bit of Stickles, bells and ribbon finishes them off.



The next two cards are based on a sketch that Romy Veul shared on her blog.  The paper for the first card is from MME.  Flowers and leaves are Prima, doily is Wilton, pearls from Recollections, snowflakes are Jolee and Queen & Co.


The papers for this card are from Little Yellow Bicycle, doily from Wilton, and rhinestones from Recollections.


And last but not least is a New Years' card.  The papers here are from Melissa Frances, holly leaves punch and rhinestones are Martha Stewart, seam binding is from Debbie Marcinkiewicz, and pearl swirl is from Want 2 Scrap.


Well, that's  it for today.  Do you have any New Year's Eve plans?  I must admit that it's not my favorite holiday.  I feel a bit sad putting the Christmas decorations away and losing a bit of that wonderful holiday spirit that everyone has beforehand.  We always stay home.  My parents come over for a dinner featuring Chinese food and pizza--what a combination!  They leave early as they are not night owls.  I have to confess I usually have fallen asleep by the time midnight rolls around!  My wish for the new year is health and happiness for everyone.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll continue to visit me in the new year.

7 comments:

  1. very cute cards! Wishing you a happy, healthy and crafty 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, my sweet friend, Patty! I think your plans for tonight sound wonderful! Dinner with your parents, and then.....peace and quiet! How lovely!
    Sounds like the start to some joke, though, doesn't it?????
    ........you know you're getting old when your idea of a fabulous New Year's Eve is to stay home, do nothing, and go to bed early. ;)
    Cannot believe the holidays are almost over. I always feel this way, but this year I truly didn't get to a lot of the things I really wanted to. Getting sick the week before certainly didn't help with that. My resolution for this year is to start earlier. But we'll see if that happens.
    LOVE your cards! I think your altered envelope is just gorgeous, and I love what you've done with the Little Yellow Bicycle goodies. Sooooo love that New Year's card, too! Beautiful!
    Looking forward to another year of bloggy visits and projects from you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI.Yes this time of the year gets a bit crazy and scrapping and blogging can take a back seat to all that has to be done.. Your cards look wonderful.. and a Happy New Year to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collection of Christmas cards and your New Year's card, too! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! And, I'm wishing for you a joyous bless New Year, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat,
    Love the envelop! and the cards too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make gorgeous cards!! Loving all the sweet little details, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Patty, a very happy new year to you :) and what beautiful cards you have made, im loving your little felt holly (did you make this yourself?) it's very cute :) xxx

    ReplyDelete