Sunday, November 10, 2013

Easy Birthday Card

We have been enjoying some beautiful fall weather.  The winds are picking up a bit today with maybe just a teasing amount of snow for Monday night.  Hoping so!

My mother-in-law recently celebrated her birthday, and I made this card for her.  It was very quick and easy.


My dear blogging friend, ReNae Allen, sent me a pad of 6x6 Prima Firefly paper.  The papers are absolutely beautiful with a watercolor look.  I used one of the sheets on this card.  The flowers, I believe, are Maya Road, pearl swirl is Zva, and the sentiment is Papertrey Ink.  The little wooden bird is from Recollections which I simply painted white and coated with Martha Stewart glitter.  I then tied a bow of netting around the card and accented it with a button and rose from Webster's Pages.


I'm really loving this pad of paper from Prima.  With watercoloring so popular today, these papers are an easy way to achieve the look without the mess.

With the Christmas holidays fast approaching, I really need to get moving on making some holiday crafts.  Hopefully, I'll start later this week.  Anyone in holiday mode yet?

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments.  I enjoy reading them.  Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. Wow this card looks anything but easy.. it is sooo pretty, I love the flowers in the corner and that bow is a perfect finishing touch! It is hot and muggy here, quite stormy looking, and dry, so some rain would be very welcome!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Patty! LOVE that watercolor-look paper you used and the big tulle bow in the center is just stunning. Such a pretty combo of flowers, too, and the little glittered bird is the sweetest touch. I'm sure your mother in law loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card! The background is so pretty! Great use of tulle and wonderful display of lovely flowers! I'm sure your mother-in-law will treasure this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! This just oozes elegance and femininity....wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete