Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Cards

Happy Easter, friends, and Happy Spring to those who don't celebrate!  We just got home from a large Easter breakfast at my parents and will be having dinner later with my husband's family.  It is a pretty spring day today with just a bit of coolness in the air.

I have a couple of quick Easter cards I put together yesterday.  The other day, I was in Joann's and picked up a set of Tim Holtz holiday blueprint stamps (at 30% off).  In it was a bunny stamp that I thought would be perfect for the Easter cards.  I got out my watercolor pencils and colored a couple images.


I used things for the cards that I've had for quite awhile.  Both cards use papers from Prima's Firefly collection.  I love these papers as they have a watercolor look to them.  On this first card, the flowers and butterfly are from Recollections.  I added some watercolor and Stickles to the butterfly.  I gave the frame a coating of Distress Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter.  The roll of lacy trim was only 50 cents at Joann's.


The frame on the second card is from Recollections also.  The pearls are Prima.  The Easter stamp is from Inkadinkadoo.

That's it for me today.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.  Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and for the sweet comments you leave.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE that little mini blueprint bunny! These are SO beautiful, Patty, and lots of fun, too! I love the paper you used. Does match the water-coloring so well, and I love the bright purple for Easter. The lacy frame and trims and flowers are fabulous, too!
    Sounds like you are having a wonderful day! Happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your card is just wonderful! I love the beautiful colours and the elegant lace bow.
    I hope you will enjoy the rest of your Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Easter cards! Wonderful Tim Holtz bunny that you colored so pretty! Love the flowers, lace and lovely papers, too! Glad had a great Easter!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are so pretty! That was a good investment in the stamps! Love the lace you have used! And enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are fabulous! I love that stamp! Glad you had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are fabulous! I love that stamp! Glad you had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Patty! I love the vibrant pinks and great choice of stamps, love the blueprint bunny! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards as always, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work, Patty, with the Tim's blueprint bunny stamp. Lovely feminine touches as well with the lace and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a Happy Easter Patty! Love the bunny and pretty blossoms!

    ReplyDelete