Sunday, November 22, 2015

Vintage Garden Card

Hi there, friends!  It is a chilly, windy day today but I love it!  This past week, I accomplished a lot around the house that I had been putting off doing and even managed to squeeze in a bit of crafting.  Christmas will be here soon and, I'm afraid to say, I do not have any cards made.  I did do one for a swap but I need to build up my personal supply.

Today, I have a card to share using the always beautiful Pion Design papers.  The sweet image is from the Vintage Garden collection.


I began by inking the edges of a cream card base.  Next came the pretty pattern paper.  A piece of crochet trim was glued to the paper. The image was adhered to a piece of corrugated cardstock by DCWV which I highlighted with Picket Fence Distress Paint.  The Memory Box Catalina wreath was given a coat of glitter.  Recollections flowers were then attached to it as well as a hemp bow.  The sentiment was cut from one of the sheets of paper.


I absolutely love Pion Design papers.  The papers are so beautifully vintage!  A friend recently sent me their Christmas papers which I immediately made a tag.  Looking forward to making some cards with them as well.

That's about it for me today.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating this Thursday.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by and for your kind comments.

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Patty! I love Pion papers as you know, and they suit vintage style cards so well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, your card looks so beautiful and delicate! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card! The wreath die is so delicate and looks great with the glitter on it.The image reminds me of pics of children from 50's magazines. I will have to check out those Pion papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi patty! I am enjoying.. Not really... A very hot day here! But I do have air con which is wonderful! Your card is really pretty! I love all the layers and the sweet image and love the wreath die too! Enjoy the rest of your day... We might just get a storm tonight with this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this stunning vintge card! The soft colours of those Pion papers are so beautiful! Great layering too and beautifully finished with those die cuts, it looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Patty! The soft pinks are so shabby and wonderful and I just love the glitter you added to the wreath! Stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgoodness, that's beautiful! I love those soft papers and love the texture you have with the corrugated paper and the lace and the glitter and flowers! Such a beautiful image, too. Love that delicate floral wreath shape that you have framing it! Wow!
    And speaking of wow.... I just finished opening up my gorgeous birthday card! My gosh, it is stunning! My jaw is hanging open! Thank you SO much, my friend! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty Patty! I love the sweet vintage image surrounded by those beautiful blossoms! The die cut wreath adds such a feminine touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card you have made lovely image to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty and a perfect vintage style, LOVE your card Patty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! Such a gorgeous vintage beauty, Patty! Sweet image and all the detail that surrounds it! One of my favs...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete