Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

For all those celebrating today, Happy Mother's Day!  After much rain and chilly temperatures all week, the sun finally came out today and it is turning into a pretty day with a fresh breeze.

For my Mom for Mother's Day, I created this card using Pion Design Paris Flea Market paper for the background.  Prima trim was placed across the bottom of the card.  A Prima diecut doily was added next.  I cut out one of the thread spools from the paper and attached a Jolee fabric flower to it.  The sweet toddler image was a gift and I adhered ruffled lace and pearls around it.  The photo and spool were place onto the doily with foam tape.  The Papertrey Ink sentiment was stamped onto a piece of the paper which I then cut in the shape of a banner and placed it next to the photo.  The flowers in the corner are a combination of Petaloo and Spare Parts, and the butterfly is from Recollections.  The finishing touches were flatback pearls (given a coat of gesso), a Prima pearl swirl, and a couple of hemp bows.


This card was a joy to make.  I love the vintage, shabby chic look.  My heart always melts with those old-fashioned images.


Lastly, I'm sharing a photo of my Mom, myself and my son taken on this day.  Thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet comments.  Have a wonderful Sunday and week ahead!


9 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely stunning! I just adore the romantic and delicate look of it. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day Patty! Nice family picture - I know your mother will love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers day Patty! I love your card, you do vintage so very well .. love the lace and the sweet image too.. lovely photo too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Patty, I am loving your Mother's Day card! So soft and shabby with all those sheers and pearls, boy your Mom must have been gaga over this beauty!! Great photo, happy belated Mother's Day! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your Mom absolutely swooned over this beautiful card, Patty! I know I did! Love the vintage feel and love the neutral color palette, and wow to all the detail and dimension! Love that sweet image. Looks amazing framed in trim. And the thread spool you cut from the paper looks fabulous with that fabric flower. Really gorgeous! And LOVE your family photo! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic card made better by the expression of love it provides. It's super pretty and feminine and nostalgic all rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous card Patty! I bet your Mom loved it! Hope you both had a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning Mother's Day card for your Mom! Many lovely details and the vintage photo is too sweet! I'm sure your Mom loved it! And, great family photo!!!

    ReplyDelete