Sunday, June 25, 2017

Large Lacy Tag/Wall Hanging

Hi everyone!  It's a very warm day here today and my energy feels zapped.  I am hoping to get my second wind soon!  A big change is coming to my life after this week which I feel is for the best.  With increasing problems at work, I have decided, after 21 years of employment there, to hand in my resignation.  I feel it is the best thing for me to do for myself.  Time will tell but I do believe that when one door closes, another one opens.

Today, I have a large tag to share.  I began with a cream felt base and covered it with a lacy fabric.  I had this pretty image printed on fabric that I wanted to showcase.  I placed it on top of the base and then began layering all the various trims.  An applique, fabric flowers, leaves and a beaded branch were placed in the lower right corner.  Pearls were added to the trim at the bottom.  A beaded trim was used as a hanger at the top.


This hanging came together very quickly.  No sewing required.  I used Fabric Tac to glue everything in place.  If you click on the photos, you can see the details better.


Well, that's it for today.  I did get a couple of cards made this week and am working on a tag.  I love my craft time!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.  I appreciate all your kind comments.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

9 comments:

  1. So very pretty Patty! Quite fancy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty tag, I love all the lace.. and all the best for your future and which ever door opens for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, this is stunning. The trims make my heart dance and the focal image is exquisite. The touches of pearls and layered flowers are stunning! Your work is always delightful, my friend. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you framed the gorgeous photo with lace, this is beautiful Patty. Good luck in any new ventures that come your way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a gorgeous wall hanging, Patty! Love the image and gorgeous flowers and trim, so pretty!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers regarding you quitting your job. Twenty-one years is a long time. I was at mine for seventeen years. The stress is not worth it. Looking back now I know it was the right decision. New things will come your way. You can take some time to relax and enjoy. Take care, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, how stunning, Patty! Loving all the lace and fabric and that image is gorgeous! What a beautiful piece! Good luck on this new transition time in your life! Wishing you lots of wonderful new opportunities coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so gorgeous! Love that image, so vintage! All the beautiful laces and trims are wonderfully shabby and those flowers are simply divine! A stunning wall hang! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vintage tag and so elegant.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty, this is lacy loveliness! I adore that vintage image and how you have added all those lacy trims! Gorgeous! Hugs! PS I wish you well with your new status in life--a great move in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete