Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fabric Post Card

Hi there, everyone!  Here we are already into the month of November.  It's hard to believe the holidays are fast approaching!

Today, I have another first for me to share--a fabric post card.  I was surprised how easily it came together.  No sewing required--just glue!


I began by cutting a piece of felt measuring 4x6 inches and then covered the front with a lacy fabric.  For the back, I cut a piece of muslin to size and then stamped the post card elements in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The image of the lady was backed with batting and edged with ruffled lace and pearls.  Bridal appliques were placed next.  A fancy lace trim was glued across the bottom.  A pretty pink and white lace trim was added around the edges.  Then came the fabric flowers and the acrylic leaves.  A beautiful butterfly applique was placed at the top. 


On the back, I added some braided trim around the edges.

Well, that's it for me today.  Thank you so much for your kind comments and for taking the time to stop by.  Please come back again on Wednesday to see my next post for Secret Garden Crafts.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Patty! What a stunning project! So elegant and fancy! Love all the lace trimmings and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so soft and pretty, oh so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Patty, I just love this idea of a fabric postcard! This is so shabby and gorgeous, look at all those stunning laces!! I've just put in a huge order for some new laces, you've inspired me to upgrade from the crap they sell at the local store! lol.

    Still waiting for snow up here. This week I was putting up the Christmas tree and setting out the decorations, and the air conditioner was still running! HELLLLLOOOOOO! It's almost as warm now as it was in August for crying out loud! Isn't mother nature a strange lady! Have a great week, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric postcard is just gorgeous, Patty!! The vintage image is so pretty! Wonderfullovely lace, flowers, and pearls, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Patty,this is beautiful ! So pretty :)
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty! The lacy textures are so intricate and delicate - delightful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OmGoodness, I am loving your altered projects, Patty! This is so unique and sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. fabric trims

    ReplyDelete