Sunday, October 4, 2020

Celebrate Any Day Cards

 Hi friends!  It has been awhile since my last post.  I am still working on my Christmas cards so, hopefully, I will be in good shape come the time to mail them out.  I am so glad to have things I enjoy to pass the time away during this pandemic!  Don't get me wrong--I do have my down days but my hobbies have been a source of needed distraction.

Today, I would like to share two cards I made using a stamp and die set from Pink Fresh Studios/Altenew.  I decided to do a little watercoloring and stamped and embossed the image on both cards.


My first card is done in soft colors using Distress Oxides.  A Sunny Studios embossing folder was used on the background.  The sentiment, which was included with the stamp set, was embossed with Silver Recollections embossing powder on vellum.  Studio Katia clear droplets were used for accent.


My next card was colored with Zig Watercolor Markers.  The same Sunny Studios embossing folder was used as well as a different sentiment from the stamp set.  Studio Katia Iridescent drops were used as accent here.

My goal was to make some cards flat enough for mailing.  Even though the drops are dimensional, I think they can still go through the mail in a flat envelope.

That's about it for me today.  It is a beautiful Fall day here.  Our dog is under the weather so I had to make a trip to the veterinarian for medication.  Hopefully, it will do the trick.  I hope all is well with you and you are staying safe.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your kind comments.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards with the pretty floral images!! Wonderful embossed backgrounds, too!! I hope your dog gets to feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Patty i would have to agree with you on the hobbies that keep me out of mischief! I have been spending time in my garden.. mostly out of necessity because it is sooo dry here and I dont want my plants to die.. but I do like standing with a hose in my hand watering.. very relaxing. and of course when I get into my scrap room. I like to scrapbook.. I love your two cards. both are so pretty.. love how they are different but the same.. we are heading into some warm weather towards the end of the week.. and i hope there will be some rain on the way too..take care and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so beautiful Patty! Love how you colored the pretty blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love it when you show that a single product can be used in similar ways, but still get a totally differnt outcome as you did here! I think I prefer the brighter version--we need all the bright we can get right now!

    I've been thinking a lot about you these past few days as violence escalates in Philly. I know you are not that close, but it still is disconcerting. Oh, dear! I hope your pup is feeling back to his old self by now! Sending you a great big hug!

    ReplyDelete