Sunday, December 10, 2017

Merry Tag

Hi friends!  Well, finally, we got our first snowfall of the season yesterday.  While it did snow all day until midnight, we only got a couple of inches.  I'll take it, though.  Hopefully, more to come!

Today, I have a tag in a bit of a different style than I normally do.  I love Tim Holtz' style and products even though I don't work with them often.  However, I've been wanting to dabble a bit with his new Christmas line and here is what I made.


Using a premade Ranger tag, I covered both sides with Tim's holiday papers, inking and distressing the edges.  The little strip of red cardstock at the bottom is the same as what covers the back.  I adhered Tim's ric-rac and tinsel trims at the bottom as well.  Next, I diecut some Holiday Greens from Tim's Kraft-Core cardstock.  The word "Merry" is from the Holiday Words set and cut from Tim's Kraft-Core Metallic cardstock.  The paper dolls were attached next.  I gave them a touch of color with Distress Markers.  The little girl was attached with foam dots.  Tinsel trim was then tied to the top. 


Well, there you have it.  It was fun to create in a different vein.  I have Tim's tiny tags set that I am hoping to work with before Christmas. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments.  I also want to welcome the new followers to my blog.  I hope you will enjoy visiting.  Please stop back on Wednesday to see my post for Secret Garden Crafts.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

10 comments:

  1. That's really charming, Patty - I love your family grouping and wonderful fir branches against the pretty papers. Lovely to see you breaking into the TH style!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous Christmas tag! I love the vintage feel and the lovely family in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Patty and great use of all those fabulous Tim products. You did a great job here, look forward to more!
    Even though large parts of te UK are covered in snow, we only have frost and blue skies, I'm not complaining really, but a bit of snow would be lovely. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely nostalgic tag Patty. We seem to have missed the snow a lot of the UK has had.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty tag Patty! Love the vintage images and the silver trimming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag! Enjoy the snow, we are heading into hot days here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun tag Patty! I love all the holly and pine foliage peeking out from behind your family! The metallic twine and sentiment are wonderfully festive! I just whipped out a Tim Holtz product myself this week. It was just an ink pad, but the first time I used one in a very long time! Enjoy your snow, we still have a bit although most has melted. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas tag! Love the vintage images! And, great touch with the silver trim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to see you going grungy, Patty! I LOVE your tag, and you have done an amazing job layering all those products and even more amazing is your coloring of the paper dolls! I giggled at "it's just a couple inches" (of snow). That would shut our little city down for a week!They put down brine the other day because the forecast was for cold temps, but no precipitation in the forecast at all. My only guess is that because we are so humid here, ice crystals might form just from the humidity and cause for some slippery roads. Needless to say, it's a HUGE event if we get snow. Sending warm hugs on this very cold day.

    ReplyDelete