Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day 2015

Hi friends!  Today is Father's Day and I wish a very happy one to all the dads out there as well as the men who act as dads to those without one.  In honor of the day, I made this card for my own Dad using just about everything Tim Holtz.


First, I began with a cardstock base of Frayed Burlap paper.  I then adhered a piece of paper from the Wallflower collection.  I highlighted the paper with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, the rays stencil, and Golden's Pearl Mica Flake for sparkle.  A bit of cheesecloth was tucked under the Spring Greenery diecut leaf branches cut from Crowded Attic paper.  The Bird Silhouette was diecut also from Crowded Attic, inked with shades of Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo, and Black Soot, and attached with foam dots.  Using Crowded Attic stickers and foam dots, I spelled out the word "DAD" in the upper left corner.  The rhinestones in the lower right corner are from Recollections.  Of course, I couldn't resist adding a little bow to the bird!


My Dad really liked this card which made me happy.  I struggle making masculine cards, but I did enjoy this one.

Have a wonderful day and week ahead!  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and also for your sweet comments.  It's hot and humid again here today, so I'm wherever it's cool!

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! The bird and branch look really beautiful. I can understand that your dad loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, and I know your dad thought it was special because it was made with lots of love.. our fathers day is in september... I hope your week has started well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Patty! You know I am loving all that Tim Holtz goodness! Adorable bird! Love the bow around his neck, and love the sunray stenciling in the background. Gorgeous texture with the burlap and cheesecloth, too. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Patty! I'm sure your Dad will treasure this! Love the bird and all the shimmery detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so stunning Patty! I just love the neutrals and the bird images are my absolute fav!! The die cut branch is a great embellie and the bling is a real eye catcher! Fabulous masculine make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patty: I always seem to be late commenting, but I haven't been on my blog in over a week. Love, Love, Love this card! You are really embracing Tim Holtz products, techniques and inks. Another fab card!

    ReplyDelete