Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Day in May Card

Hi everyone!  Yes, I know summer is just about over and fall is fast approaching; but my post today is called A Day in May because I used that beautiful paper collection of the same name from Pion Design.


I simply love the shabby, vintage look of these papers!  I started with a cream cardstock base and adhered a couple of the patterns to the base.  One sheet was a page of border strips, so I cut one out to cover where I joined the two edges.  All papers were inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  The lace edge is from Recollections.  I added glitter to a postage stamp frame to showcase one of the pretty images in the collection.  The flourish in two corners is from Crafty Secrets and stamped in Vintage Sepia.  A Recollections pebble was added to the Colorbok doily which is surrounded with Recollections flowers.  The sentiment was also cut from the border strip sheet.  The butterfly was cut from another sheet.  I finished the card by added a hemp bow to the flower cluster and a seam binding bow with a vintage button to the opposite corner.


I was so hesitant to cut into this paper as I just love it, but I've come to the conclusion you can't save everything!  I also made another card that I'll share later.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and your sweet comments.  I am happy to see I have a couple of new followers and want to say "Welcome" and thank you.  I wish a wonderful week ahead for everyone!  Happy Labor Day weekend to those in the States celebrating--enjoy the long weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I think you did an amazing job using these papers. It's such a gorgeous card with a beautiful shabby chic feel and lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the lace and the flowers! And I hope you have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patty! Love the pretty Vintage image and all the fancy blossoms! Hope you have a fun and safe Labor Day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty, Patty! I've not heard of this paper company before, but my gosh, is it ever sweet. I love the borders on the side with the lace trim, and the combo of flowers is gorgeous. Really love the texture from the glittered frame, the trims, the flowers, and the crochet. Bravo, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect vintage card in every way Patty. I love your choice of paper and the lace touch, so pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card, Patty! Beautiful girl image within the frame, lovely flowers, and pretty lace! Hope you're having a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also a fan of shabby chic and your card honors that style PERFECTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shabby, vintage feeling of this card. Those papers are gorgeous! Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft, lovely details! So vintage shabby! Love it!

    ReplyDelete