Sunday, September 20, 2015

TH Butterfly Tag

Hi everyone!  I am enjoying this time of year as we transition into the fall season.  I love that little nip in the air and having the windows open for the fresh air to circulate through the house.  Looking forward to all the sights and smells of this beautiful season!  While I am sure we will still have a few days of summer-like weather here and there, I am so ready to enjoy the fall.

Today, I have another tag to share that is totally inspired by Tim Holtz and his products.  The black tag base is from Ranger.  I adhered a piece of patterned paper from Tim's Correspondence collection and inked the edges with a touch of Black Soot.  A few remnant rubs were added to the upper left and lower right corners.  Using a butterfly cut from the Butterfly Duo set, I inked it in various shades of Distress Ink.  Unfortunately, I did not keep a list of the shades used; but I do know that Squeezed Lemonade, Victorian Velvet and Black Soot were used.  A coat of Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold spray adds sparkle to the butterfly.   I also used the same shades of Distress Ink mixed with a little water to color the ribbon.  After tying the bow, I attached a pin and word charm (highlighted with Picket Fence paint) to the bow.  A few little vintage envelopes cut from the Correspondence paper were tucked behind the bow.  An idea-ology reinforcer and black paper string were placed at the hole in the top of the tag.


This tag was so much fun to make.  I really enjoyed trying the various inks on the butterfly.  I diecut a few more butterflies and am anxious to make them in other color combinations.


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.  I appreciate each comment left.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

11 comments:

  1. Your tag looks so elegant and wonderfully vintage at the same time. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Patty! Love the beautiful butterfly fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, you KNOW I love this, Patty! What a gorgeous tag, full of TH goodness! Loving your butterfly and dyed ribbon! Such a great color wash and I love the perfect pearls finish for shine. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tag, the butterfly looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous tag! The butterfly makes it extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous tag Patty, I love the muted colours and the striking black edges which frame it beautifully.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag with lots of TH goodies on it! Lovely butterfly and pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the muted colour tones against your butterfly and your ribbon is gorgeous.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete