Sunday, February 5, 2017

Valentine Pocket Wall Hanging and Two Tags

With Valentine's Day coming up soon, I have been working on various projects for the occasion.  Today, I have a pocket wall hanging and two tags to share with you that began from a simple heart template.  There are a lot of photos to share, so let's begin.


Cutting the heart shape from a cereal box, I covered both sides with Pion Design's To My Valentine papers.  A piece of lace fabric was glued to form the pocket.  Using various trimmings, roses, rhinestones and seam binding, I decorated the front side.


Here is the back which I finished off with a pearl trim and a tiny bow and charm,


Here is the finished wall hanging holding two tags also made from the same Pion Design paper collection.  Each tag is shown below.


After covering both sides of the tag with the pretty papers, I layered a doily, fussy cut roses, cheesecloth, a sweet cherub image and a butterfly from the collection onto the tag.  A piece of heart trim was placed at the bottom.  Roses from my stash and a piece of seam binding were next added.  Liquid Pearls and Stickles add finishing touches.


This tag was done similarly to the first.  Papers and tag image are again Pion.  I added roses to the hearts and a sentiment cut from the papers.

Well, there is my first Valentine project for the holiday.  I made this for a swap and had a lot of fun working on it.  It came together much easier than I thought it would.

If you hung in this far, thank you so much.  I hope you enjoyed this project.  I appreciate your visit and the sweet comments you leave.  Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead!

11 comments:

  1. Oh you are getting organized for next week... this heart looks so pretty, love the tags and love the lace.. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patty, this is one of my favorite projects from you! How I adore all heart projects and this has been so beautifully. The design is stunning, as is every sweet detail. Who wouldn't love to receive a pocket full of love? Gorgeous work, my friend! Have a happy day. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty I am totally 'in love' with these wonderful hearts. Wow! They are so pretty.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your heart projects are super gorgeous!! Lots of wonderful detail! And lovely tags , too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous feminine creations, love them all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Patty! What a beautiful collection of prettiness! Love all the lace, flowers and petty patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love it, Patty! What an absolutely fabulous home decor piece for Valentine's Day! I love the papers and the lace pocket you made. Looks SO amazing with the beautiful tags peeking out of the pocket! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Patty, so many wonderful Valentine's projects! I love your papers of course, lol. The wall hang idea is fantastic, and yours is beautiful. Love the pocket idea to tuck things into. Your tags are gorgeous also. The heart doily is so lovely, I must get me some of those!! sending hugs my friend, I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful-love all your valentine projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and very romantic, a clever idea.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete