Sunday, October 28, 2018

Get Your Spooky On

Hi there!  It's been a few weeks since my last post and I'm happy to report that my Mom is doing much better these days.  While she doesn't have all the energy she used to, she is able to once again do those little things we sometimes take for granted.  Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers, my crafty friends!

I am not a big fan of Halloween; however, I received this stamp set as a free gift with an order I placed at Unity stamps.  I thought she was cute and not scary!  I managed to find two remnants of Halloween paper and made this card.


The image was colored with Copic markers and cut with a pretty frame die by Spellbinders (how appropriate to use Spellbinders with this stamp.  Get it?  Spells, witches?)  I added a touch of gold Stickles to the buckle on the hat.  The papers go back to my first days of crafting, so I've had them quite awhile!  The beautiful butterfly is from Reneabouquets.


For those who celebrate, have a safe Halloween.  These days, you cannot be too careful.  Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your kind comments.  I appreciate each and every one!  Have a wonderful week ahead!

7 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that your Mom is doing better, Patty! A very lovely Halloween card with beautiful girl image! Awesome butterfly and sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear about your Mom, Patty. I adore this card and that wonderful sparkly butterfly! I'm not a huge fan of Halloween either, but this is right up my alley, sweet and fun. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Patty, I am so happy that your mom has improved! (My heart smiled so brightly with your message!) She is blessed to have you. Please know she will remain in my prayers.. and you, too! Your card is lovely. I do not celebrate Halloween, but your card is the best way to do them: sparkly sweet! The butterfly is gorgeous and I love the Spellbinders die. Lovely work, Patty! Have a beautiful day. :)

    Hugs and blessings.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she is spooktacular, and so is your adorable card! So glad to hear that your mother is doing better! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colouring on your witch - she is cute, apart from the facelessness - that's definitely spooky! A great card in fab Halloween colours.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, I'm sorry I've been absent (again). Things have not slowed down one bit for me and it seems I am always behind the 8 ball. Your card is so sweet, except for the vampire bit. You've done a great job coloring this sort of creepy witch. (where's her face? Yikes!!) I am delighted your Mom is doing much better--it is a roller coaster ride for sure.

    I love Halloween, but do not care at all for vampires and not much for witches either. I guess you could say I'm more into Halloween for the fun of it. Somehow I managed to thrill the kids once more with my cemetery which seemed extra spooky this year. And Elvis (who must be in his mid 70's) thrilled the adults down the street with his 25th annual performance. Sending big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete