Sunday, November 18, 2018

Autumn Birthday Card

Hi there!  We had our first measurable snowfall this past Thursday and I was so happy!  It is unusual for us to get significant snow this early, so I was completely thrilled!

Thanksgiving is this week and, with that, Christmas is right around the corner.  I thought I'd better get my autumn-themed cards up on this blog so I can start to focus on Christmas cards.  Today, I am showing a birthday card I made for a special blogging friend.


The image is from Unity Stamps and called Constance Girl.  I colored her with Copic markers and used Stitched Circle Dies by Cottage Cutz as a frame for her.  The pattern paper is from Authentique and the kraft paper is from Recollections.  The feather and leaves dies were inked in Distress Ink.  The sentiment was a free die I received with an order.  Sequins are by Studio Katia.

I was really happy with how this card turned out.  I am still trying to perfect my coloring skills, though!

Thank you so much for taking time to stop by my blog and for the very kind and sweet comments you leave.  I wish everyone in the States a very Happy Thanksgiving this Thursday.  Hope everyone also has a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Yowzers, Patty, this is stunning!! You know I love all those natural neutrals in that pretty paper and kraft background, and the round window scene framed in leaves is absolutely gorgeous! You rocked the coloring on your beautiful girl, too! SO, SO fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S..... Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely! I have been admiring the Unity Stamps more and more. As if I don't have enough stamps, ha! Anyways, love the girl image and you colored her perfectly! Beautiful leaf die cuts and great touch with the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blustery leaves blowing around give a great sense of movement to this card, perfect with the windswept beauty at the centre of it all.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete