Sunday, November 25, 2018

Merry Christmas Card

Hello all!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this past Thursday and now it is time to get in the Christmas mode.  I colored this Magnolia Tilda with Rudolph stamp image last year with Distress Ink and finally put it together on this card.


First, I used Maja Design paper on a white cardstock base.  I then colored a background scene using another Magnolia stamp, Snowy Mountain.  A bit of Frantage and Snow Writer highlighted the background.  I then cut it out with a circular die and used this beautiful circle frame die by Amy Design to showcase the little scene.  The Merry Christmas gold diecut tag in the upper right corner is also from Magnolia.  The gold "joyful" sentiment in the lower left is Papertrey Ink.  A bit of Stickles and Wink of Stella give some sparkle to Tilda.  Flowers, wooden stars and gold/white twine add the finishing touches.


That's it for me today.  A batch of oatmeal cookies are waiting to be put in the oven.  I have started my Christmas decorating and am taking it slow in order to enjoy each moment of the season.  Have you started decorating yet?

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I do appreciate your kind comments.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Patty, those cookies sound yummm... and I love this card, the tilda image is so sweet and I love circular die you have used too.. and no I have not started decorating for Christmas... the 1st of december is my starting date for all things festive to decorate.. but I have been creating cards which is good!! have a great week ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a gorgeous card with the sweet Tilda image! Love the beautiful ornate circular frame and all the details! We are just starting to decorate for Christmas. My husband is bringing things down from the attic right now. And, to think I have all the fall things to put away first!:-) Hope you and family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoodness, this is so so sweet, Patty! Such a cute image, and your Distress coloring looks amazing! Absolutely love the snowy scene you added to the background, and the framing is gorgeous, too! LOVE!!
    So glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving, and YUM on the cookies! I got my fall decorations down over the weekend, and made a small dent in Christmas. Mostly just carrying up all the tubs, the village houses, and the tree. Now I need a break! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your back, Patty! I hope your back feels better soon! Back pain is not fun! I have problems with sciatica on the right side and had back surgery for scoliosis. Take it easy and get well soon, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an adorable card - I love the delicate neutrals, and those Magnolia children are so appealing. Glad to hear your Christmas preparations are under way - the oatmeal cookies sound good! Sorry to have been such a bad blogger lately, but glad to have a moment to catch up a bit.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete