Sunday, December 30, 2018

Late Christmas Card Sharing

Hi friends,
It's been awhile since I last posted here.  December has been a difficult month.  As you know, I have been having back problems.  However, other things became more important.  My mother-in-law's health has been on a decline this past year and took a much more turn for the worse this month.  We buried her the week before Christmas. 

Also, our computer crashed.  We did purchase a new one and I am trying to learn how to use it.  As you may be aware, I am not computer saavy.  I did manage to make some a card and a tag before this all happened and here they are.


For this card as well as the tag, I used papers from Maja Design's new Christmas Season collection.  I love the colors used for the papers.  I am trying to use items in my stash so the bits of lace, diecut holly leaves, bells, gems, and seam binding all came together on this card.  I also tucked some cheesecloth under the layers.


I do love the vintage image on the card and the contrasting layers.


Last but not least is this tag.  I loved the image of the lady sitting atop the hat boxes.  I fussy cut her from the paper and added foam squares for dimension.  Once again, all the items used to decorate the card are from my stash or gifted from a dear friend. 


Well, that's all for now.  I wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and hope that you are having a wonderful holiday week.  Happy New Year!  And thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry to hear your news Patty my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of your new pc soon and it’s so lovely to see your beautiful card and tag whilst you are learning. Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and peaceful new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family. You vintage card and tag are very pretty. Love all the details and beautiful colors. Wishing for you a happy healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Patty, I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law's passing. You and your family are in my prayers. Your card and tag are exceptional in design and I love those papers! I hope there was a sparkle of joy in your Christmas despite of the loss of your mother in law. I'm wishing you all the best in the New Year and good luck learning your new computer, from one not computer saavy to another. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lacy trims are delightful on both the card and tag - I hope you manage to settle in with your new computer soon, and that your back will improve too. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. That's really tough, just before Christmas. Hugs to you and hoping for a kinder 2019 for us all.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so sorry for your loss, Patty! Sending lots of hugs to you and your family. And I'm sorry to hear about your computer issues, too. Hope things are smoothing out a bit more in the New Year. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete