Sunday, October 13, 2019

Heart of Gratitude Card

Hi there, everyone.  It's been awhile since I posted and I have some things I made months ago to share.  Activity on this blog hasn't been good.  I'm wondering if my posts need to be more interesting.  I don't know how to do that! 

Here is a card I made awhile back using a stamps from Unity Stamp Company.  I know a lot of people do not care for stamps without a face but I like them as they are different.


The image was colored with Copic markers with Stickles added for sparkle.  I layered a piece of pink ribbon on top of a lace border die cut from Tim Holtz.  A few sequins were scattered about for additional sparkle.  Unfortunately, I do not remember what paper I used for the background but I think it may be from Prima.

A little update regarding my health issues post surgery is that some issues still remain.  I'm hoping that all will resolve in due time as God sees fit.  It does no good to worry.  Things could be worse!

Thank you to those who left comments on my last post.  I appreciate each and every one of them.  I also appreciate anyone who takes the time to visit this blog.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

3 comments:

  1. How lovely... I popped by earlier today to see if there was anything new, and now there is! I really like the facelessness... it allows us to let our own imaginations do some work. She's beautifully coloured with lovely sparkly accents, and I like the sequins catching the light in places.

    I hope your post-surgery recovery will be complete soon, but I don't think there's a cure for the blog visitor numbers.... they're sinking right across Craftyblogland as people shift towards Instagram or (urrrggghhh) Facebook. I like plenty of words as well as plenty of pictures, so I'm sticking with blogging for now, but I think it's probably going to continue in the same direction.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty, your card is really pretty! I happen to like the facelessness, too, because it lends an air of mysteriousness. You've done a fabulous job coloring here, and I like the addition of glitter. Great design altogether, as always!

    I pray for a complete recovery for you, but your attitude toward your remaining issues is spot on. God will heal you in His time, and you are wise not to worry. (Our pastor did such a great sermon on this very subject a couple weeks ago.)

    And Alison's thoughts on blogland for crafters ring true. I've seen a tremendous drop in visits and comments on my blog especially this past quarter. So sad, actually, because those of us who don't take the easy way out pour our hearts and souls into our posts. I am not ready to succumb to FB and IG (TH Addicts exception). I do save my blog visits for people who visit me, and of course DT comments, at this time, due to way too much going on in my 'real life' to spend much more time at the computer. It has nothing at all to do with how interesting your posts are, Patty; your content and beautiful artwork are just fine. Sending big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty, firstly, your card is really pretty, the image is gorgeous and the coloring looks perfect to me.. I dont mind the face being the way it is.. it leaves something for the imagination.. I do hope your health will improve, some times things take time.. and I feel a drop in blog visitors too.. I think facebook is more popular. but I like to pop my creations on my blog.. it is a record for the future. and those who leave me comments I really appreciate as they are taking the time to come by and leave a comment.. I still enjoy popping into blogs.. often there is close ups and I have made some special bloggy friends this way.. so thank you for coming by my blog too.. I hope you have a good rest of this week.. take care of your self...

    ReplyDelete