Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  The weather here has been picture perfect with comfortable temperatures and low humidity.  Definitely time to enjoy the outdoors.  Unfortunately, I have come down with some sort of bug--cold, sore throat and body aches.  Don't have time for that! 

Tomorrow is Father's Day.  We are having my Dad and Mom over for dinner to celebrate.  Poppyseed chicken, strawberry shortcake and ice cream cake are on the menu.  For the occasion, I made this card for my Dad.  The card base was made from Recollections cardstock (as well as an envelope to match using my Martha Stewart scoring board).  The papers are leftover scraps from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found collection.  The tag and diecut embellishment are also Recollections.  All the edges of the papers, pennants and tag were inked with Distress Ink Vintage Photo.  Making Memories stickers were used to spell out Dad on the tag.  I tied some twine in a bow on the tag and adhered it to the card with Therm-o-Web Foam dots for dimension.  I believe the velvet brown flower is from Maya Road.  I punched a couple of fronds from the papers with a Martha Stewart punch and added a couple of buttons to the lower corner to finish it off.


I wish a very Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This card is SO sweet, Patty. I love the tag, the patterned papers, and the color scheme. You did an amazing job on this! I was SO happy to find your adorable blog tonight! I look forward to coming back to see more of your beautiful work!

    Also, I have some sweet blog candy if you get the chance to stop by - I'd LOVE to have you visit.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card you have made lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there Patty, thank you for always leaving me lovely comments, you are very thoughtful :) love your Father's day card :)
    I lost my Dad 3 years ago :( miss him dearly :(
    I hope you are feeling better, plenty rest :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness, I LOVE your Father's Day card, Patty! Absolutely stunning design! I bet your dad really loved this! So sorry to hear you've been sick. I was hoping that scratchy throat of yours wouldn't progress...
    Sure hope you're feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    Long time, no see....
    But here I am again! What a wonderful card you made for your dad! And how wonderful they are still around, so you could invite them over for such a wonderful diner!
    I bet they both enjoyed it very much!
    I hope you all have had a great Fathersday!
    Best regards, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOVE this! I'm sure your dad did! Glad you're finally feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete