Sunday, August 26, 2018

What's Up? Card

My father recently celebrated his birthday and I made a card for the occasion.  Whenever I need to make a masculine card, my go to always seems to be Tim Holtz.  His vintage, whimsical line of products make it easy to make a masculine-themed card as well as for any other type of card.


Once again, the majority of the products I used are from Tim Holtz.  I began by cutting a postage stamp frame from Distress cardstock.  The pattern paper is from his Wallflower collection and is embossed with a folder from the Bird Talk #2 stamp/die set.  I highlighted the embossed areas with Viva gold paste.  The bird, present and balloon were stamped, die cut and then colored with Distress markers.  The grass was cut from Distress cardstock using an Eileen Hull die.  Sequins from Studio Katia were added for some sparkle.  I also used Wink of Stella on the hat, balloon and bow.  The stamped sentiment is also from the Bird Talk#2 set.


Well, my friends, that's all for me today.  I do have a favor to ask.  My mother is experiencing health issues and has given up.  Please keep her in your prayers.  I don't usually post personal issues here but I am at a loss in what to do.  Thank you.


7 comments:

  1. Oh such a fun card, love the birdie.... and I send you my love and prayers for your Mum, and you too Patti in this difficult situation, that God will be with you and help you both... sending a hug across the miles... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable, Patty! I so love those Crazy Birds!
    Really very sorry to hear about your mother's health issues, though! Keeping you all in my thoughts and sending tons of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalms 91 4.5
    He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Patty, I'm so sorry to hear your Mom is doing poorly and is filled with hopelessness. I will certainly pray for her to feel His comfort and grace.
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

    How sweet to make this card for your Dad. I love those birds, but never think to use them. This is sure to make your Dad's birthday extra special! Sending you warm, comforting hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun card for your Dad with the Tim Holtz bird! So sorry to hear about your Mom's health. It's very difficult to see someone we love not doing well. I'm keeping your Mom, you, and family in my daily prayers. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Tim Holtz birds always make me smile, and you've given this one a lovely garden setting. Great card for your father.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother - and will certainly keep you both in my thoughts.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! After being away most of the year due to my father's health, I am happy to return to the crafty part of my life... life must go on, right? I have missed you! Please know that I am praying for your mom and your family. I am so sorry about all that is happening. I am here if you need me.
    Your card is perfectly done, with images and a design that will make the special recipient smile. Your father will treasure this. Thinking of you and sending tons of hugs your way.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete