Sunday, March 3, 2019

Hugs

Hi all!  Just a quick post and update today.  My mom is receiving at home physical and occupational therapy and is improving a bit.  Small steps are most welcome!  Last weekend was the shower for my future grandbaby; however, the mother-to-be had a kidney stone attack and was unable to attend.  After a stressful couple of days and ER visits, she and the baby are doing well and looking forward to a delivery sometime this month!

My card today features a Picket Fence stamp "Jill" which I colored with Copic markers and highlighted with Stickles.  A very simple card to make.


Pattern paper is Sugarblush by Recollections.  I used a 3-D snowflake embossing folder by Sizzix for the area behind the stamped image.  The image has a matching die which I used and added pop dots for dimension.  The pink paper is also Recollections.  The diecut snowflakes and pearls were in my stash.

We are awaiting a rain/sleet/snow/rain/snow event starting this afternoon.  We have had several small snowstorms the past couple of weeks which I most welcomed as we had basically nothing much before that!  The snow is usually gone for the most part 24 hours later. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I look forward always to your kind comments.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patty, so glad to hear your Mum is getting help and I hope it all gets a little better for you.. and I hope it all goes well for the mum to be and the new grand baby is delivered safely and well.. sounds like a busy month ahead for you! Your card is lovely, very sweet and feels like a warm hug in a card.. take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s great that your Mum is getting the help she needs and hopefully those little steps will build up and bring big improvements for her. Congratulations on the imminent birth of your new grand baby, we had a new grandson 6 months ago and what a joy he is, you’ve got those gorgeous cuddle days to look forward to. Live your snuggle card too, perfect for a blast of cold weather. Enjoy the rest of the week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, I'm so happy to hear your Mum is improving bit by bit. I know she will continue to grow stronger and healthier. Sending lots of love to all of you, including the mum-to-be! So much going on in your world. Thank you for the update.
    Your card is beautiful. The image is so wonderfully colored and I adore your sentiment choice. Warm hugs make every day brighter. Gorgeous work, my friend. Wishing you the loveliest of days.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your Mom, Patty! I’m hoping that she improves with each new day. So sorry to hear the Mom-to-be had kidney stones. My son had a kidney stone attack last Thanksgiving. We ended up taking him to the ER that evening. Anyways, hoping and praying all the best for Mom and baby. Your card is very lovely. Love the girl image colored beautifully. Wonderful colors, too. Take care and have a great week day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!! Crafting can be a great relief from care-giving but it's hard to find the time. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy you are taking some time to craft, Patty and hearing the news of your Mom's continued path to recovery. I'm wishing her and you well. Of course, I already know the outcome of Mom to be, which is now MOM! Yippee! Your card is really lovely! Your coloring is always exceptional! Have a great day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card! Love that image and love all the purple! The snowflake embossing behind her is such a great touch!
    Sorry to hear about the shower, but I know everything turned out perfectly! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been missing in action for a while - happy to have turned up at the point when the news is already good as regards the new baby! I love the image on this card - all snuggled up against the cold, and the colouring is beautifully done.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete