Sunday, April 21, 2019

hippity hoppity

Hi friends!  It's been awhile since my last post.  Things have been pretty busy around here and I just haven't had much mojo to create new cards.  However, I did whip up a couple of Easter cards this past week.  The first one is made with predominately all Tim Holtz products.


I love this cottontail bunny!  The pattern paper is from the Wallflower collection and cut with a stitched oval die.  The new wildflower dies were colored with Distress Markers.  The black mat is embossed but it is hard to see.  I used the stitched border die to create a frame around the mat.  All edges were highlighted with Distress Ink.  A bit of cotton was added to the tail.  Hippity hoppity is from a set of Tim's sentiment stamps.

Next up is a card made from Pion Design's Easter Greetings collection.  I kept it fairly simple for my mother as she doesn't like a lot of frills on a card.


All papers and border strips are from the collection.  The leaf swirls are a Cheery Lynn die.  Crochet lace, flatback pearls, seam binding bow and Stickle accents are the finishing touches. 

Last, but not least, I end this post with a photo of my sweet grandson and his first visit to the Easter Bunny.  Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments.  Happy Easter to those who celebrate.


6 comments:

  1. Oh your cards are so lovely, and the photo is soo precious!! Happy Easter, and I hope things are going as well as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Easter cards, Patty! What an adorable photo of your grandson with the Easter bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter cards are both gorgeous, Patty! You know how I love Tim Holtz, and I think you did a fabulous job bringing all his products together on this one card! I especially love how you've colored the Wildflower Stem; very realistic!Love that bunny and how you've added the cotton tail! Perfect! And that elegant pastel card for your Mom is so sweet! I'm sure she loved it! I'm so happy your mojo is back, and I'm looking forward to more of your wonderful inspiration!

    What a treasure of a photo of your sweet grandson! He's growing so fast! Enjoy these precious days! Sending warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear friend, time seems to escape us, doesn't it? What a joy to visit you and see these lovely creations. Your Easter cards are beautiful ways to celebrate such a special holiday. I love their whimsy and sweetness. Your little sweet pea is a bundle of love! Adorable photo to treasure always. :) Thinking of you and sending tons of love your way.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your Easter hare is charming - and the colouring on the wildflower stems is just fabulous. And the chicks are adorable. You're not the only one missing in action at the moment... Sorry I’m so late catching these Easter creations – there’s a quieter period on the horizon (at least until the next last-minute gig bobs up to spoil it).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete