Saturday, January 4, 2020

A New Year and A New Decade

Hi friends!  It has been awhile since I last posted.  The month of December started for me with a trip to the emergency room for diverticulitis.  It took almost the whole month before I was able to eat normally again.  I am hoping this new year will be a more healthy one!

Needless to say, my crafting mojo was gone during December.  Fortunately, I did make a few cards beforehand but not nearly as many as I had planned.  Even though the Christmas holidays are over, I hope you don't mind if I share the cards I made for Christmas now.

Both these cards were made with a Memory Box die.  This die could be used for any winter-
theme card by just changing the sentiment.


For the background behind the tree on this card, I used Distress Ink.  I love how the white area in the sky surrounds the bird.  The frame was cut from glitter cardstock.  I cut the tree again with a green cardstock to layer behind the white for a shadow effect.  I added some tiny pearls to mimic snow.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


The next card is basically the same except that I did not used Distress Ink for the background.  I added a couple more birds also.  The "Peace" die is from Frantic Stamper Inc.


There are a couple more cards to share at another time so as not to make this post too long. 

I want to take time to thank those who reached out to me checking to see how I was and for sending holiday wishes during the busy holiday season.  You really brightened my days.  I was so touched by your kind words.  It means a lot.

Let me take the time to wish each and everyone a most blessed, happy and healthy new year.  For those who celebrate Christmas, I hope it was a wonderful one.  I appreciate you stopping by to visit my blog and for the sweet comments you leave.  Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Patty, that was not a good end for 2019 I do hope 2020 is a much better year for you.. I hope you are feeling better now.. our cards are lovely, I love the die you have used.. I basically made the same type of card this year and not as many as I usually do.. I had a quiet Christmas and New Year.. Take care of your self....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wintry cards - that tree die is really lovely, and your backgrounds conjure up the winter sky perfectly in each case. So sorry to hear that December was so difficult.
    I do hope 2020 will be an altogether happier, healthier year for you. Happy New Year!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these cards, Patty, and treasure mine! The inky background really spotlights the bird, and I love how you did the layers on the tree. I'm keeping mine out all winter. ❤️
    Sorry for your December. I so hope 2020 is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wintry cards and that wonderful tree die. Layering the tree is genius and the Distress background is stunning. On a personal note, I'm so sorry you were ill in December -- what a terrible time of year, especially when food plays such an important part of the holidays! I'll be catching up this morning and hopefully find you are feeling better. Sending big hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're looking to lose fat then you certainly have to try this totally brand new tailor-made keto meal plan diet.

    To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and cooks joined together to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, suitable, money-efficient, and enjoyable.

    Since their first launch in early 2019, 1000's of people have already completely transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a proper keto meal plan diet can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto meal plan diet.

    ReplyDelete