Sunday, January 19, 2020

Winter Card (and Christmas)

Hello friends!  Bear with me as I finish up a Christmas card share plus one that could also be for winter.  I'm so late in posting these due to health issues plus the holidays.  I really did not make many Christmas cards this year, so there isn't a lot in that area to show you.

First up is a card I made using the Winter Fox collection by Papertrey Ink.  This fox is so cute!  I used various inks from Papertrey to stamp the images.  I also added some Stickles and Wink of Stella for some sparkle.  A silver snowflake was cut in half and placed behind the oval frame by Tim Holtz.


Next up is another card using stamps from Santa's Sleigh collection, again by Papertrey Ink.  The image and sentiment were heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I used an embossing folder from Darice for the background.  Gold cardstock from Simon Says Stamp was used for layering.


These cards were so easy and simple to make.  If you don't use foam tape for dimension, these can be flat for mailing. 

Thank you so much for taking time to read this post even though it is Christmas related.  I appreciate the kind comments you leave.  Have a wonderful week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. The fox really is very sweet, and I like your colourful trees. The white and gold card is so elegant - glad you found time to share them with us, and I hope you're doing okay.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty, so sorry to hear you have not been well.. I do hope you are on the mend really soon..Your cards are lovely, I love the sweet fox and love the embossing on the second card too.. take care of yourself.. and enjoy the rest of the week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great cards, Patty! Love the gold and embossing, and that fox is so sweet. I am totally partial to them since I have my own arctic fox pup. 😊
    So sorry you are still feeling under the weather. Hope you bounce back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderfully lovely cards. I'm all in favour of creating holiday season makes the whole year round. I partial doing to myself for both Halloween and Christmas (and to a degree, come to think of it, Thanksgiving as well). It's a pragmatic approach to festive card making, while also being a meaningful way for us to stay all the more connected to these special points on the calendar the whole year through.

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see nothing wrong with making Christmas cards throughout the year, either or showing off those you made for last Christmas. I love the inspiration! These are both adorable cards -- the fox is so cute, and I love the silver snowflake tucked under the focal image. The gold embossed card is very elegant with the gold and white scheme. I say bring on more Christmas cards! (We didn't get many Christmas cards before Christmas; most came right after, so I think many were running behind this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As stated by Stanford Medical, It's really the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh 42 lbs less than we do.

    (And realistically, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    Tap this link to find out if this short quiz can help you decipher your real weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete